Atlanta United Players Receive MLS Cup Championship Rings
ATLANTA - Players from Atlanta United's 2018 MLS Cup Championship team received their rings in a private ceremony today at the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground. The club partnered with Jostens to produce the rings honoring the club's championship season. In addition, the book "Conquered" - the inside story of the club's historic run to claim MLS Cup - will be available for purchase on Saturday at official team stores.
Made from 10-karat white and yellow gold, the ring is adorned with 101 white diamonds that create a waterfall effect on the ring top. An additional 14 stunning color enhanced yellow diamonds form the "A" which sits atop the iconic five stripes. The stripes, representing the club's pillars - Unity, Excellence, Community, Determination and Innovation, are created from custom black onyx and garnet stones intricately fit together. Yellow gold train tracks wrap around the top and bottom of the ring edges representing Atlanta's railroad history. The tracks are accented with a single diamond and ruby at either side of ring top, representing the two years of franchise history. Completing the ring top are the words "MLS CUP CHAMPIONS" accented with a star, symbolizing the 2018 MLS Cup Championship.
The right side of the ring features the club name set in yellow gold above the Atlanta skyline. The MLS Cup sits in the center of the city skyline, with the word "CONQUERED" boldly set upon the trophy. The championship year date of 2018 completes the right side of the ring.
The left side of the ring displays the club's rally cry "UNITE & CONQUER" in yellow gold, set above the recipient's name. In contrasting yellow gold, the "UNITED" mark pays tribute to Atlanta's fanbase. Within the design lies a Golden Spike, a symbol of the club's tradition which stems from the city's railroad beginnings. Finishing the left side of the ring is the player's number set with diamonds.
The interior of the ring features the date the championship was won, December 8, 2018, the final score of the match, 2-0, and motto "5-STRIPES DON'T STOP."
Fans will have the opportunity to capture their piece of the MLS Cup Championship and commemorate this exciting time in franchise history through a custom selection of personalized fine jewelry and championship collectables. Every piece is inspired by the Championship Ring. This collection is available for a limited time and can be ordered online at www.jostens.com/united.
Also, fans will have the opportunity to celebrate the club's title season by purchasing "Conquered", the inside story of Atlanta United's run to the Championship title. The book explores the club's origin, the importance or hiring club president Darren Eales, the roster creation of an expansion team that became just the fourth team in league history to qualify for the postseason and culminates with the 2018 MLS Cup Championship. Starting Saturday, March 16, fans can purchase the book at official team stores located at Atlantic Station and Mercedes-Benz Stadium for $39.95.
Atlanta United returns to action at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Sunday, March 17 against Philadelphia Union (7:00 p.m., FOX Sports South).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 14, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: March 14, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Three FC Cincinnati Players Called up for International Matches - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution Loan Zachary Herivaux and Brian Wright to Birmingham Legion FC - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC's Waylon Francis, Justin Meram and Aboubacar Keita Receive International Call-Ups - Columbus Crew SC
- Match Preview: New York Hosts San Jose for MLS Home Opener - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Goalkeeper Trey Muse Called into U.S. U-20 Men's National Team - Seattle Sounders FC
- Four Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Three New England Revolution Players Called in for National Team Duty - New England Revolution
- Five MNUFC Players Called into International Duty - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Players Receive MLS Cup Championship Rings - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire Acquires Argentina National Team Midfielder Nicolas Gaitan - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Secures Prestigious Friendly against Real Betis in May - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls to Commemorate 2018 Supporters' Shield at Home Opener on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- George Bello Named to USA Roster for 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Brazil
- Atlanta United Reaches Contract Extension with Miles Robinson
- Time Change: Round 1 Match vs. New England Now 1 p.m.
- Atlanta United Set to Host New England Revolution October 19
- Atlanta United Win 3-1 against New England Revolution