Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Breaks LA Galaxy Single-Season Scoring Record
LOS ANGELES - With three goals scored during the club's 7-2 win over Sporting Kansas City, LA Galaxy forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic has now scored 26 goals during the 2019 MLS Regular Season, setting a new club record for goals in a season. Carlos Ruiz previously held the record with 24 goals during the 2002 season.
In all, Ibrahimovic has made 25 starts this season, scoring 26 goals and adding four assists. Since joining the club last season, the Swedish forward has made 51 appearances while recording 48 goals and 14 assists, including 15 game-winning goals and two game-winning assists.
The Galaxy have four games remaining in the 2019 MLS Regular Season following tonight's match vs. Sporting Kansas City.
LA GALAXY SINGLE-SEASON SCORING RECORDS
26 - Zlatan Ibrahimovic (2019)
24 - Carlos Ruiz (2002)
22 - Zlatan Ibrahimovic (2018)
21 - Eduardo Hurtado (1996)
20 - Landon Donovan (2008)
19 - Robbie Keane (2014)
The LA Galaxy will next return to Dignity Health Sports Park for a contest on Sunday, Sept. 15 against Sporting Kansas City (7 p.m. PT; FS1, FOX Deportes).
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships for the 2020 Major League Soccer season are now available. Season Ticket Members and Galaxy fans can go to lagalaxy.com/since96 to secure their 2020 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships. In addition to visiting lagalaxy.com/since96, fans can secure 2020 Season Ticket Memberships at Dignity Health Sports Park by visiting Galaxy HQ by section 103 at any LA Galaxy home game. Fans can also call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) and press 2 when prompted to purchase memberships.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 16, 2019
- Red Bulls Storm Back, Come up Short at Seattle - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Continues Kick Childhood Cancer Month Activities at this Wednesday's Match against FC Dallas - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 16, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Voted MLS Player of the Week - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan IbrahimoviÄ? Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Colorado Rapids to Host Memorial Service in Honor of Colin Clark - Colorado Rapids
- Allan Cruz Named to MLS Team of the Week - FC Cincinnati
- Red Bull Arena to Host Sky Blue FC Home Finale on September 29 - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 16, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Nicolas Gagnon Takes Part in the Federation Francaise de Football Course with MLS - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: September 16-21 - Chicago Fire
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 7, Sporting Kansas City 2 - Sunday, September 15, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Breaks LA Galaxy Single-Season Scoring Record - LA Galaxy
- Sporting Suffers Defeat on the Road against the LA Galaxy - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy's November 4 Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC to Air Nationally on UniMas and TUDN
- Dignity Health Sports Park Campus to Serve as An 11-Day Los Angeles County Vote Center
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 1, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 0 - Sunday, October 18, 2020
- Sigi Schmid Elected to United Soccer Coaches 2021 Hall of Fame Class
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, San Jose Earthquakes 4 - Wednesday, October 14, 2020