Colorado Rapids to Host Memorial Service in Honor of Colin Clark
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. - Colorado Rapids will hold a memorial service in honor of former player, Colin Clark on September 18, 2019 at DICK'S Sporting Goods Park. The service will be open to the public.
WHAT: The Colorado Rapids will hold a memorial service for the family, friends, and fans of Colin Clark, a former Rapids player and Colorado native. Clark passed away on August 26, 2019 at 35 years old. The midfielder made 138 appearances (97 starts), scored 15 goals, and garnered 13 assists over his eight-year career in Major League Soccer. Clark played for the Colorado Rapids, Houston Dynamo, and LA Galaxy as well as registered one cap with the U.S. Men's National Team in the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
WHO: The service will be open to the public.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Doors open at 6:30PM
Service at 7:00PM
WHERE: DICK'S Sporting Goods Park
6000 Victory Way, Commerce City, CO 80022
Event Entrance through Eighteen76 on south side of the stadium
For those unable to attend, the memorial will be streamed live on ColoradoRapids.com/live
ATTIRE: Soccer gear attire; attendees who have Colin Clark jerseys are encouraged to wear them
Please Note: Anyone with still images, footage of Colin Clark are asked to share these pieces with the club to be used in tribute to his memory and career at the Memorial.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 16, 2019
- Red Bulls Storm Back, Come up Short at Seattle - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Continues Kick Childhood Cancer Month Activities at this Wednesday's Match against FC Dallas - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 16, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Voted MLS Player of the Week - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan IbrahimoviÄ? Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Colorado Rapids to Host Memorial Service in Honor of Colin Clark - Colorado Rapids
- Allan Cruz Named to MLS Team of the Week - FC Cincinnati
- Red Bull Arena to Host Sky Blue FC Home Finale on September 29 - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 16, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Nicolas Gagnon Takes Part in the Federation Francaise de Football Course with MLS - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: September 16-21 - Chicago Fire
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 7, Sporting Kansas City 2 - Sunday, September 15, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Breaks LA Galaxy Single-Season Scoring Record - LA Galaxy
- Sporting Suffers Defeat on the Road against the LA Galaxy - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Worth the Wait: Younes Namli Is Excited to be with Colorado
- Colorado Rapids Loan Anderson, Rodriguez, Jackson and Rwatubyaye to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Colorado Rapids Loan Matt Hundley to Memphis 901 FC
- 2020 Preseason: Position Preview: Midfielder
- Colorado Rapids Sign 17-Year-Old Goalkeeper Abraham Rodriguez to Homegrown Contract