Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: September 16-21
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club will continue its push for the playoffs when they face FC Cincinnati at Nippert Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 21. Set to begin at 6:30 p.m. CT, the match will be broadcast live on ESPN+ and transmitted locally in Spanish on TUDN Radio Chicago 1200 AM. The ESPN+ pregame show, presented by CIBC, will begin at 6:15 p.m. CT.
The Fire (9-12-10, 37 points) enter Saturday's match against FC Cincinnati with just three games remaining in the 2019 regular season. Heading into the match, the Fire are coming off a 4-0 win over FC Dallas at SeatGeek Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 14, marking their eighth home win and eighth clean sheet of the season. Receiving a brace from midfielder CJ Sapong and goals from midfielder Przemys?aw Frankowski and forward Nemanja Nikoli?, the Fire moved within three points of a playoff spot with the result against Dallas.
Saturday's contest will mark the second and final meeting between the Fire and FC Cincinnati in the 2019 regular season. The Men in Red previously hosted Cincinnati at SeatGeek Stadium on July 13, falling 2-1 in a hard-fought match.
FC Cincinnati (6-21-3, 21 points) currently sit in last place in the Eastern Conference. After going on a nine-game winless streak dating back to July 18, FC Cincinnati recently earned three points in a 1-0 win over the Montreal Impact at Stade Saputo on Saturday, Sept. 14. The team's last home win occurred on July 6 in a 3-2 win over the Houston Dynamo. The win against Houston marked only the third home win FC Cincinnati has achieved this season. Prior to facing the Fire, FC Cincinnati will host Atlanta United FC on Wednesday, Sept. 18 at 6:30 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 16, 2019
- Red Bulls Storm Back, Come up Short at Seattle - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Continues Kick Childhood Cancer Month Activities at this Wednesday's Match against FC Dallas - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 16, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Voted MLS Player of the Week - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan IbrahimoviÄ? Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Colorado Rapids to Host Memorial Service in Honor of Colin Clark - Colorado Rapids
- Allan Cruz Named to MLS Team of the Week - FC Cincinnati
- Red Bull Arena to Host Sky Blue FC Home Finale on September 29 - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 16, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Nicolas Gagnon Takes Part in the Federation Francaise de Football Course with MLS - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: September 16-21 - Chicago Fire
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 7, Sporting Kansas City 2 - Sunday, September 15, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Breaks LA Galaxy Single-Season Scoring Record - LA Galaxy
- Sporting Suffers Defeat on the Road against the LA Galaxy - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Bastian Schweinsteiger Ranked No. 5 on List of Top-Selling Adidas MLS Jerseys
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Exercises 2020 Contract Options for Micheal Azira, Jeremiah Gutjahr and Fabian Herbers
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Acquire Former Real Madrid Midfielder Alvaro Medran
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club, City of Chicago and Chicago Park District Announce the Team's Return to Soldier Field
- Chicago Fire Defender Bastian Schweinsteiger Retires from Professional Soccer