Allan Cruz Named to MLS Team of the Week
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati midfielder Allan Cruz has earned a place on Major League Soccer's Team of the Week presented by Audi for Week 28. This is Cruz's first Team of the Week inclusion this season.
Cruz was named to the seven-player bench after he recorded the game-winning goal in FC Cincinnati's 1-0 win at Montreal on Sept. 14. The midfielder became the first player in MLS this season to record multiple first-minute goals after he struck Saturday just 28 second into the game. Of Cruz's six goals this season, four have come within the first 10 minutes of a match, including a 45-second goal against the Chicago Fire on July 13. The Orange and Blue are 4-2-0 in matches when Cruz scores a goal this season.
FC Cincinnati will host three straight games at Nippert Stadium. The team next plays on Wednesday, Sept. 18, when the Orange and Blue host defending MLS Cup champions Atlanta United FC at 7:30 p.m. during "Noche Latina." First kick is set for 7:30 p.m. and the game will be televised live on WSTR 64, streamed on FloFC (in-region) and ESPN+ (out-of-region), carried on the radio on WDJO with an audio stream on TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com.
Individual-game tickets and group options are on sale for all remaining FC Cincinnati games at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK). The team will then host the Chicago Fire (Saturday, Sept. 21) and Orlando City SC (Sunday, Sept. 29) to close its home slate.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 16, 2019
- Red Bulls Storm Back, Come up Short at Seattle - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Continues Kick Childhood Cancer Month Activities at this Wednesday's Match against FC Dallas - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 16, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Voted MLS Player of the Week - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan IbrahimoviÄ? Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Colorado Rapids to Host Memorial Service in Honor of Colin Clark - Colorado Rapids
- Allan Cruz Named to MLS Team of the Week - FC Cincinnati
- Red Bull Arena to Host Sky Blue FC Home Finale on September 29 - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 16, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Nicolas Gagnon Takes Part in the Federation Francaise de Football Course with MLS - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: September 16-21 - Chicago Fire
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 7, Sporting Kansas City 2 - Sunday, September 15, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Breaks LA Galaxy Single-Season Scoring Record - LA Galaxy
- Sporting Suffers Defeat on the Road against the LA Galaxy - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 14, 2019
- "Spend to Save" at FC Cincinnati Shop this week
- FC Cincinnati to Hold Warehouse Sale Next Week
- Bertone, Tyton nominated for MLSsoccer.com's Goal and Save of the Year
- FC Cincinnati Announce Roster Decisions for the 2020 Season