Red Bull Arena to Host Sky Blue FC Home Finale on September 29
HARRISON, N.J. - Red Bull Arena will host Sky Blue FC, New Jersey's professional women's soccer team, for the club's September 29 match against Orlando Pride, prior to the Red Bulls' match against D.C. United at 5 p.m. ET.
This will be the second time Sky Blue visits Red Bull Arena this season, having previously hosted Sky Blue's match against Reign FC on August 18. Sky Blue FC Captain and U.S. Women's National Team Co-Captain Carli Lloyd, along with Canadian Goalkeeper Kailen Sheridan, will face off against Orlando Pride's Alex Morgan, Ashlyn Harris, Ali Krieger, and Brazilian star Marta. Each event will require a separate ticket to enter.
"The first time we played at Red Bull Arena, we set the club attendance record, and the atmosphere was electric," said Sky Blue FC General Manager Alyse LaHue. "It's an incredible setting and, with high demand for our home finale, we felt this was the right occasion to return."
"Along with Sky Blue ownership, the New York Red Bulls have been integral in helping to make this happen and I'm grateful for their friendship in this endeavor," LaHue continued.
"We are excited to have the opportunity to come back to Red Bull Arena again this season," said Lloyd. "It was a phenomenal atmosphere the first time, and we look forward to playing in front of a packed crowd again on the 29th."
Tickets for the match against Orlando Pride will go on sale Tuesday, September 17 at 11 a.m. ET. Ticketing information can be found here.
Sky Blue will honor all prior ticket sales and will be reaching out to ticket-purchasers with more information about seating location and game details.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 16, 2019
- Red Bulls Storm Back, Come up Short at Seattle - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Continues Kick Childhood Cancer Month Activities at this Wednesday's Match against FC Dallas - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 16, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Voted MLS Player of the Week - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan IbrahimoviÄ? Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Colorado Rapids to Host Memorial Service in Honor of Colin Clark - Colorado Rapids
- Allan Cruz Named to MLS Team of the Week - FC Cincinnati
- Red Bull Arena to Host Sky Blue FC Home Finale on September 29 - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 16, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Nicolas Gagnon Takes Part in the Federation Francaise de Football Course with MLS - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: September 16-21 - Chicago Fire
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 7, Sporting Kansas City 2 - Sunday, September 15, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Breaks LA Galaxy Single-Season Scoring Record - LA Galaxy
- Sporting Suffers Defeat on the Road against the LA Galaxy - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- White's Late-Match Equalizer Secures Point from Orlando City
- New York and Orlando City Conclude Home-And-Home at RBA
- Red Bulls Blank Atlanta United Again, 1-0, in 2020
- New York Red Bulls Name Bernd Eibler Assistant Coach
- New York and Toronto FC Clash at Rentschler Field on Wednesday