FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 16, 2019
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati return home for a pair of contests this week. First, the Orange and Blue will play a mid-week match against Atlanta United FC on Wednesday followed by a match against the Chicago Fire on Saturday. Both matches will be contested at Nippert Stadium with kickoffs set for 7:30 p.m. ET. The games will be televised locally on WSTR Star64, streamed regionally on FloFC, out of market on ESPN+ and carried on the radio on WDJO, while audio streams will be available on the TuneIn app and fccincinnati.com.
FC Cincinnati (6-21-3, 18 pts.) enter the week after defeating the Montreal Impact, 1-0, at Stade Saputo on Saturday evening. Allan Cruz became the first player in MLS this season to record multiple first-minute goals when he tallied 28 seconds into the match. PrzemysÅaw TytoÅ made one save en route to his first MLS win and shutout.
Atlanta United FC (15-11-3, 48 pts.) open MLS Week 29 following a 3-1 loss to Columbus Crew SC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Saturday. Josef Martinez scored his 24th goal of the season to extend his streak of consecutive appearances with a goal to 14.
Wednesday's matchup will be the second meeting between Cincinnati and Atlanta this season. The Orange and Blue registered their first MLS point when Roland Lamah tallied a late equalizer at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on March 10.
The Chicago Fire (9-12-10, 37 pts.) enter the week after defeating FC Dallas, 4-0, on Saturday evening. C.J. Sapong netted a brace for the home side as Chicago improved to 8-2-6 in matches played at SeatGeek Stadium.
Saturday's matchup will be the second meeting between the two sides. Cincinnati beat Chicago, 2-1, at SeatGeek Stadium on July 13. Allan Cruz recorded his first first-minute goal in that match as FCC went on to claim their second consecutive win.
Cruzin' in the First Minute
Allan Cruz became the first player in MLS this season to record multiple first-minute goals when he scored 28 seconds into the match at the Montreal Impact ... the goal is tied for the second-fastest goal scored in MLS this season, trailing the mark of 27 seconds set by Montreal's Anthony Jackson-Hamel at Minnesota on July 6 ... Cruz also tallied within the first minute when he scored 45 seconds into the match at Chicago on July 13 ... of Cruz's six goals this season, four have come within the first 10 minutes of a match ... the midfielder is now tied with Emmanuel Ledesma for the team lead with six goals.
TytoÅ Records First MLS Win, Shutout
PrzemysÅaw TytoÅ made one save at Montreal to register his first-ever MLS win and shutout ... TytoÅ has made 11 appearances for the Orange and Blue this season, including each of the last eight matches ... the ZamoÅc, Poland, native made four saves for FCC when he earned his first MLS point as a starting goalkeeper in the 2-2 draw at Columbus on Aug. 10.
FCC Snap Winless Streak
FC Cincinnati ended their season-long nine-match winless run with their victory at Montreal ... The Orange and Blue were held without a win for more than two months, dating back to their 2-1 win at Chicago on July 13 ... additionally, the Orange and Blue captured their first shutout since they held the New England Revolution without a goal on March 24.
Orange and Blue Sweep Impact
FC Cincinnati earned their first MLS regular-season sweep of an opponent when they defeated the Montreal Impact at Stade Saputo, 1-0, on Sept. 14 ... the Orange and Blue won the first meeting, 2-1, at Nippert Stadium on May 11 ... additionally, both matches featured a first MLS victory for an FC Cincinnati head coach ... Head Coach Ron Jans earned his first victory at Montreal (Sept. 14), while former interim head coach Yoann Damet claimed his first win against Montreal (May 11).
FCC Secure Win with 10 Men
Saturday's win at Montreal marked the first time the Orange and Blue have earned a win while playing a man down ... FCC were forced to play the final minutes of the match with 10 men after Kendall Waston was sent off with a second yellow card in the 88th minute ... Waston became the second FC Cincinnati player to receive a red card this season ... Kekuta Manneh received FC Cincinnati's first-ever red card at FC Dallas on Aug. 31.
Waston to Miss Match against Atlanta
Kendall Waston will be unavailable for selection in FC Cincinnati's match against Atlanta United FC on Wednesday ... the center back was sent off at Montreal after he received a second yellow card in the 88th minute ... the Costa Rican missed the Orange and Blue's match at Colorado on June 1 after receiving a one-game suspension for yellow-card accumulation.
Cruz, Ledesma Remain on Caution Watch
Allan Cruz and Emmanuel Ledesma remain one yellow card away from receiving a one-match suspension for yellow-card accumulation ... a one-match suspension would be either player's first of the 2019 season ... Kendall Waston and Leonardo Bertone are FC Cincinnati's only players to receive one-match suspensions for yellow-card accumulation this season.
FC Cincinnati will host three straight games at Nippert Stadium. The team next plays on Wednesday, Sept. 18, when the Orange and Blue host defending MLS Cup champions Atlanta United FC at 7:30 p.m. during "Noche Latina." First kick is set for 7:30 p.m. and the game will be televised live on WSTR 64, streamed on FloFC (in-region) and ESPN+ (out-of-region), carried on the radio on WDJO with an audio stream on TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Individual-game tickets and group options are on sale for all remaining FC Cincinnati games at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 16, 2019
- Red Bulls Storm Back, Come up Short at Seattle - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Continues Kick Childhood Cancer Month Activities at this Wednesday's Match against FC Dallas - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 16, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Voted MLS Player of the Week - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan IbrahimoviÄ? Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Colorado Rapids to Host Memorial Service in Honor of Colin Clark - Colorado Rapids
- Allan Cruz Named to MLS Team of the Week - FC Cincinnati
- Red Bull Arena to Host Sky Blue FC Home Finale on September 29 - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 16, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Nicolas Gagnon Takes Part in the Federation Francaise de Football Course with MLS - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: September 16-21 - Chicago Fire
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 7, Sporting Kansas City 2 - Sunday, September 15, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Breaks LA Galaxy Single-Season Scoring Record - LA Galaxy
- Sporting Suffers Defeat on the Road against the LA Galaxy - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Continuing Fan Survey Initiative with West End Stadium
- FC Cincinnati to Open Holiday Pop-Up Experience at Kenwood Towne Center
- FC Cincinnati Foundation: More Than $50,000 Raised at Thursday's Ladies Lace up
- Technical Director Luke Sassano to Step Down for Family Reasons
- FC Cincinnati Open 2020 Season Ticket Sales to General Public