Forrest Wall's 8th-Inning Homer Powers Fisher Cats to 2-0 Win
Manchester, N.H. - Forrest Wall broke a scoreless tie with a two-run homer in the bottom of the eighth inning to lift the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Toronto Blue Jays Double-A affiliate) to a 2-0 win over the Portland Sea Dogs (Boston Red Sox) on Monday night at Delta Dental Stadium.
Vinny Capra led off the eighth with a walk before Wall launched a pitch 403 feet to right field off Sea Dogs reliever Durbin Feltman (L, 2-3). It was the eighth homer of the season for Wall, who has now homered in three consecutive games.
Both starting pitchers worked seven scoreless innings. New Hampshire's Justin Dillon allowed only two hits, walked two, and struck out seven. Dany Jimenez (W, 2-1) tossed two strong innings in relief with four strikeouts for the win. It was the sixth shutout of the season for New Hampshire (10-15, 41-51).
Portland's Daniel McGrath went seven innings, allowing just four hits, walking two and striking out five.
The Fisher Cats finished the game with seven hits. Nash Knight had three singles, the only New Hampshire hitter with more than one hit.
The Fisher Cats and Sea Dogs meet again on Tuesday at 7:05 p.m. RHP Hector Perez (5-3, 5.34 ERA) starts for New Hampshire against Portland RHP Konner Wade (1-3, 3.69 ERA).
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 15, 2019
- Wells Cruises in 4-2 Baysox Win - Bowie Baysox
- Hill Delivers Walk-Off Win for Erie - Erie SeaWolves
- Hill Delivers Walk-Off Winner for Erie - Erie SeaWolves
- Trenton Tags Bullpen, Turns Triple Play to Beat Curve - Altoona Curve
- Bowie Holds Early Lead to Down Sens - Harrisburg Senators
- Whitehouse Joins Forces with Boz to Keep Streak Alive - Hartford Yard Goats
- Joey Curletta Goes 2-For-4 in 2-0 Loss at New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
- Forrest Wall's 8th-Inning Homer Powers Fisher Cats to 2-0 Win - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Slick Glove Work Secures 4-3 Win over Altoona - Trenton Thunder
- Fightin Phils Silence Ponies in Series Opener - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Medina Cruises, Fightins Top Ponies 4-1 - Reading Fightin Phils
- SeaWolves Announce Player Lineup for 25 Seasons Game - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: #91 Rumble Ponies (12-14) vs. Reading Fightin Phils (16-9) - 6:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Rony Garcia, Matt Lipka Earn Eastern League Weekly Awards - Trenton Thunder
- Eastern League Weekly Award Winners Announced for July 8th-July 14th - EL
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 15th at New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Hampshire Fisher Cats Stories
- The Rivalry: Red Sox - Yankees Greats Highlight Granite State Baseball Dinner
- Fisher Cats Win Home Finale with Back-To-Back Homers and Terrific Pitching
- Fisher Cats - Thunder Game Postponed Due to Rain Wednesday
- Fisher Cats Outdueled by Thunder in 2-0 Loss Tuesday Night
- Four-Run Seventh Inning Sinks Fisher Cats on Monday, 5-1