Fightins, Rumble Ponies Suspended in 4th Inning
(BINGHAMTON, NY) - The Reading Fightin Phils and Binghamton Rumble Ponies were suspended with Reading leading 4-0 in the top of the fourth inning at NYSEG Stadium on Tuesday night.
The game is scheduled to be resumed on Wednesday at 12:05 p.m. A seven-inning contest is slated to follow.
Tuesday's matchup began with a 52 minute rain delay, before the Fightins grabbed a 1-0 edge during a rainy first inning.
Luke Williams reached on a one-out infield single off starter David Peterson, and moved to second on a balk. With two down, Alec Bohm worked a full count and lined a single the opposite way into right to score Williams, putting Reading up 1-0.
Arquimedes Gamboa got the bats going again in the third, ripping a leadoff double to left-center. He advanced to third on Williams' deep fly out, and Mickey Moniak brought him home, chopping a single through the right side to lift the Fightins to a 2-0 advantage.
Reading doubled that lead in the fourth, when Josh Stephen and Austin Bossart went yard back-to-back to open the frame. Peterson exited due to an apparent injury two batters later. Joseph Shaw came on and finished the inning, before the game entered another delay in the middle of the fourth.
Less than an hour later, the game was officially suspended.
JoJo Romero twirled three scoreless innings in the start, permitting two singles while striking out three.
The game resumes headed to the bottom of the fourth at 12:05 p.m. on Wednesday. In game two, David Parkinson takes the mound against Zach Lee. Coverage begins on 610 ESPN and the Fightins radio network at 12 p.m.
America's Classic Ballpark is proud to be a part of Pennsylvania's Americana Region and was voted the #1 stadium in all of Double-A by MiLB's Ben Hill. Follow the Fightins on Twitter at @ReadingFightins and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/fightins. Purchase tickets TODAY - call or TEXT 610-370-BALL, and download the Fightins game and promotional schedule at fightins.com/calendar.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 16, 2019
- Baumann, Baysox No-Hit the Senators, 6-0 - Bowie Baysox
- After Good Salazar Start, RubberDucks Falter - Akron RubberDucks
- Strong Start from Perez Overshadowed in 4-0 Loss to Portland - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Fightins, Rumble Ponies Suspended in 4th Inning - Reading Fightin Phils
- Rain Suspends Tuesday's Game vs. Fightin Phils - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Rally Late for Second Straight Win over Curve - Altoona Curve
- Wade Fires Seven Scoreless in a 4-0 Win over New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
- Senators Suffer another No Hitter - Harrisburg Senators
- Abreu Sparkles as Thunder Rally for 4-2 Win - Trenton Thunder
- Harrisburg Senators Baseball Information & Starting Lineup at Bowie - Harrisburg Senators
- Maris Helps Squirrels Lower the Boom on Goats' Winning Streak - Hartford Yard Goats
- Movie Night at Canal Park July 27 - "The Secret Life of Pets" - Akron RubberDucks
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 16th at New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: #92 Rumble Ponies (12-15) vs. Reading Fightin Phils (17-9) - 6:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Bruins' Matt Grzelcyk Coming to Hadlock on August 7th - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Akron RubberDucks - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Hartford Selected to Host 2019 Eastern League Meetings - Hartford Yard Goats
- SeaWolves Rally past RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Fightin Phils Stories
- All-Tournament Team Announced for 14U Rip It Showcase
- Baseballtown Charities Night Golf Set for August 29th
- Harley Night Is Back for R-Phils Party with a Purpose
- America's Classic Ballpark Celebrates Classic Food With Logo
- All-Tournament Team Announced for 13U Rip It Showcase