Fewer Than 500 Tickets Remaining for Saturday's Match Versus Seattle
VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced on Friday that fewer than 500 tickets remain in the lower bowl for Saturday's marquee match against Cascadia rivals Seattle Sounders FC at BC Place. Tickets remain available at ticketmaster.ca/whitecapsfc. Season Ticket Memberships for 2019 are also on sale now, with the best deal of the season offered as part of the club's 12 per cent campaign. For more information, visit whitecapsfc.com/12.
Prior to Saturday's match, Whitecaps FC will be making a special visit to BC Children's Hospital on Friday with MLS commisioner Don Garber, who will be making a $10,000 donation. Garber will be joined by 'Caps midfielder Russell Teibert, alum Davide Chiumiento, and celebrities participating in Saturday's Legends & Stars charity match, including:
Charles Melton - Reggie, Riverdale
Jordan Connor - Sweet Pea, Riverdale
Drew Ray Tanner - Fangs, Riverdale
Patrick Chan - Canadian Olympic figure skater
Media who would like to attend the hospital visit are asked to RSVP to email@example.com and to meet at the Teck Acute Care Centre lobby no later than 2 p.m. PT.
Saturday's Legends & Stars match kicks off at 4:45 p.m. PT, with proceeds from the $5 tickets going to the BC Children's Hospital Foundation. Among the other participants this year are Canucks legends Daniel and Henrik Sedin and cast members from TV shows such as The 100, Once Upon a Time, iZombie, and Letterkenny. Also playing will be Whitecaps FC alumni such as Jay DeMerit and John Catliff. Tickets to the MLS match versus Seattle are required for entry to the Legends & Stars match. For more information, visit whitecapsfc.com.
This will be the second time this season that the 'Caps have expanded capacity, following a lower bowl sell-out of 27,837 in a 2-0 win over Montreal Impact in the season opener. The 'Caps are in the midst of a three-match September homestand at BC Place, which kicked off with a 2-1 win against San Jose Earthquakes on September 1 in front of the eighth sell-out of the season. Following the Seattle match, Whitecaps FC will wrap-up their homestand with a Sunday, September 23 contest against FC Dallas.
Saturday's match against Seattle marks not only a rematch of the 2017 MLS Cup Playoffs, but also a clash between the two current longest unbeaten streaks in MLS. Whitecaps FC are on a six-match unbeaten streak (4W-0L-2D) as they continue their march towards the 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs. Sitting one point ahead of them in the standings are Seattle, who have won eight straight and are unbeaten in their past 11 matches.
The Blue and White will also need a victory over Seattle to stay in contention for the Cascadia Cup, as Sounders FC can clinch the three-way Pacific Northwest supporters trophy with a win or draw.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 14, 2018
- Defender Kyle Fisher Successfully Undergoes Second Surgery - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Signs Defender Nedum Onuoha - Real Salt Lake
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Vancouver Whitecaps FC - September 15, 2018 - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Hosts Columbus Crew SC Tomorrow: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- LAFC to Host New England Revolution on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Impact Visits Philadelphia Union Saturday Night - Montreal Impact
- Storylines | City vs. Chicago Fire - Orlando City SC
- Next Phase of Coleman Highline Development Under Way - San Jose Earthquakes
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Colorado Rapids - Atlanta United FC
- Fewer Than 500 Tickets Remaining for Saturday's Match Versus Seattle - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Takes on FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium Tomorrow Night at 8:00 p.m. Et - Columbus Crew SC
- Chick-Fil-A Joins BBVA Compass Stadium Concessions Menu - Houston Dynamo
- 5 Orlando City Development Academy Players Get U.S. Youth Call-Ups - Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at LAFC - New England Revolution
- Sporting KC Set for Saturday Showdown in San Jose - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire Acquire Forward Yura Movsisyan - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Whitecaps FC Stories
- Montero and Bangoura score, but 'Caps fall in wild match against Houston
- 'Caps fall to Real Salt Lake on controversial first-half penalty
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Iraqi International Left Back Ali Adnan on Loan
- Whitecaps FC Add Homegrown Goalkeeper Thomas Hasal to First-Team Roster
- Whitecaps FC Sign 2019 MLS SuperDraft Pick Brendan McDonough to MLS Contract