Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Colorado Rapids
ATLANTA - Atlanta United returns to action on Saturday, Sept. 15 when it travels to face Colorado Rapids at Dick's Sporting Goods Park. Atlanta enters the weekend in second place in the Supporters' Shield Standings (16-5-6, 54 points) while Colorado sits in eleventh place in the Western Conference (6-15-6, 24 points). The match is scheduled to kick-off at 3:30 p.m. EST and will be nationally televised on Univision.
Atlanta is coming off a 3-1 loss against D.C. United on Sept. 2 at Audi Field in Washington, D.C. Luciano Acosta scored a brace and Wayne Rooney contributed a goal and two assists to give D.C. its first win over Atlanta this season. Jeff Larentowicz scored his first goal of the season for Atlanta, heading in a corner from Ezequiel Barco in the 39th minute.
Colorado lost 2-0 to Portland Timbers on Sept. 8 at Providence Park. Jeremy Ebobisse and Diego Valeri scored for Portland, while Sebastian Blanco provided both assists. Colorado has lost its last three matches and is 5-6-3 this season at home.
Saturday, Sept. 15 Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO |3:30 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (16-5-6, 54 points) vs. Colorado Rapids (6-15-6, 24 points)
English TV | Univision
Spanish Radio | La Mejor 1600 AM
English Radio | 92-9 The Game (local)
2:30 p.m.: AT&T Countdown to Kickoff (FB Live/Periscope)
3 p.m.: The Pre-Game show (92-9 The Game)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 14, 2018
- Defender Kyle Fisher Successfully Undergoes Second Surgery - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Signs Defender Nedum Onuoha - Real Salt Lake
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Vancouver Whitecaps FC - September 15, 2018 - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Hosts Columbus Crew SC Tomorrow: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- LAFC to Host New England Revolution on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Impact Visits Philadelphia Union Saturday Night - Montreal Impact
- Storylines | City vs. Chicago Fire - Orlando City SC
- Next Phase of Coleman Highline Development Under Way - San Jose Earthquakes
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Colorado Rapids - Atlanta United FC
- Fewer Than 500 Tickets Remaining for Saturday's Match Versus Seattle - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Takes on FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium Tomorrow Night at 8:00 p.m. Et - Columbus Crew SC
- Chick-Fil-A Joins BBVA Compass Stadium Concessions Menu - Houston Dynamo
- 5 Orlando City Development Academy Players Get U.S. Youth Call-Ups - Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at LAFC - New England Revolution
- Sporting KC Set for Saturday Showdown in San Jose - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire Acquire Forward Yura Movsisyan - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.