Game Notes: Sounders FC at Vancouver Whitecaps FC - September 15, 2018
After having a bye week from MLS action due to a scheduled FIFA break, Sounders FC (12-9-5, 41 points) returns to action on Saturday, September 15 at Vancouver Whitecaps FC (11-9-7, 40 points) at BC Place (7:00 p.m. PT / JOEtv, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM). Seattle can clinch the 2018 Cascadia Cup with a win or draw on Saturday, bringing the regional trophy back to the Emerald City for the first time since 2015.
Raúl Ruidíaz made his MLS debut in a 2-0 Seattle win over Vancouver on July 21 (Mike Fiechtner / Seattle Sounders FC).
Saturday's match is being carried locally on JOEtv and regionally on YouTube TV, featuring Keith Costigan, Kasey Keller and Steve Zakuani, in addition to Zach Scott providing pre-match, halftime and post-match TV coverage. Sports Radio 950 KJR AM is airing the fixture on the radio, with Matt Johnson on play-by-play and Danny Jackson on color commentary, as well as Jackson Felts hosting on-site pre-match, halftime and post-match coverage. Fans in Western Washington can listen to El Rey 1360 AM for a Spanish radio broadcast, featuring "Zuper" Mario Rodriguez, Felipe Maqueda and Carlos Tapia.
Following Saturday, Brian Schmetzer's side has a two-match week, beginning with a home fixture on Wednesday, September 19 against the Philadelphia Union (8:00 p.m. PT / JOEtv, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM), before traveling to face the LA Galaxy on Sunday, September 23 (4:00 p.m. PT / FS1, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
Local TV: JOEtv
Regional TV: YouTube TV
Talent: Keith Costigan, Kasey Keller, Steve Zakuani and Zach Scott (Pre/Half/Post)
Local Radio: 950 KJR AM
Talent: Matt Johnson and Danny Jackson
Pre-Match, Halftime and Post-Match Talent: Jackson Felts and Danny Jackson
Local Radio (Spanish): El Rey 1360 AM
Talent: Mario Rodriguez, Felipe Maqueda and Carlos Tapia
INTERNATIONAL BROADCAST INFORMATION
Asia: BeIN Sports (ASIA)
Australia: BeIN Sports (AUS)
Middle East & North Africa: Abu Dhabi Sports
Images from this story
Raul Ruidiaz of Seattle Sounders FC made his MLS debut in a 2-0 Seattle win over Vancouver on July 21
(Mike Fiechtner / Seattle Sounders FC)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 14, 2018
- Defender Kyle Fisher Successfully Undergoes Second Surgery - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Signs Defender Nedum Onuoha - Real Salt Lake
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Vancouver Whitecaps FC - September 15, 2018 - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Hosts Columbus Crew SC Tomorrow: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- LAFC to Host New England Revolution on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Impact Visits Philadelphia Union Saturday Night - Montreal Impact
- Storylines | City vs. Chicago Fire - Orlando City SC
- Next Phase of Coleman Highline Development Under Way - San Jose Earthquakes
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Colorado Rapids - Atlanta United FC
- Fewer Than 500 Tickets Remaining for Saturday's Match Versus Seattle - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Takes on FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium Tomorrow Night at 8:00 p.m. Et - Columbus Crew SC
- Chick-Fil-A Joins BBVA Compass Stadium Concessions Menu - Houston Dynamo
- 5 Orlando City Development Academy Players Get U.S. Youth Call-Ups - Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at LAFC - New England Revolution
- Sporting KC Set for Saturday Showdown in San Jose - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire Acquire Forward Yura Movsisyan - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Launches "Rave Green Certification" Sustainability Program for Washington State Schools
- Seattle Sounders FC Clinches 10th Consecutive Postseason Berth with 2-1 Win in Orlando, Equalling MLS Record
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Orlando City SC - October 17, 2018
- Sounders FC Statement on the Passing of Paul Allen
- Sounders FC Rolls to 4-1 Win over Houston, as Final Stretch of Regular Season Approaches