FC Dallas Homegrowns Justin Che, Jesús Ferreira and Ricardo Pepi Called into National Team Camp
FRISCO, Texas - FC Dallas Homegrown players Justin Che, Jesús Ferreira and Ricardo Pepi have been called up by U.S. Men's National Team head coach Gregg Berhalter for the upcoming December training camp in preparation for the January World Cup Qualifiers. The USMNT will host Bosnia and Herzegovina in an international friendly on Dec. 18 at 7PM CT at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California. The match will be broadcast live on FS1, UniMás and TUDN.
Che, 18, signed as the league-leading 30th Homegrown in FC Dallas history on Oct. 2, 2020. He made his MLS and FC Dallas debut on June 23, 2021 against LAFC on the road. He's appeared in 15 matches, including 12 starts, and recorded three assists in 1,017 minutes played this season. Che was recently called up to the U-20 Men's National Team for the inaugural Revelations Cup, where he started and played the full 90 minutes in all three matches against Brazil, Colombia and Mexico.
Ferreira, 20, earns his third call up to the USMNT this year and fourth overall since becoming a U.S. citizen on Dec. 16, 2019. He made his senior team debut in the 1-0 win against Costa Rica on Feb. 1, 2020. Ferreira also scored his first international brace and added three assists in the 7-0 shutout win against Trinidad and Tobago on January 31, 2021. He last appeared in the two World Cup Qualifying matches against Mexico and Jamaica in November. Ferreira finished his 2021 MLS season with eight goals and nine assists in 27 appearances, breaking his 2019 career best in goal contributions.
Pepi, 18, earns his fourth call up to the USMNT following his senior team debut in September where he scored his first USMNT goal and recorded two assists in the 4-1 win against Honduras on Sept. 8 in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. Pepi scored his first international brace in the 2-0 win against Jamaica on Oct. 7 at Q2 Stadium in Austin, TX. Pepi has scored three goals and three assists for the USMNT. The El Paso native earned the 2021 MLS Young Player of the Year award on Nov. 18 after his breakout MLS season where he scored 13 goals and recorded three assists.
The USMNT are second in the Concacaf World Cup Qualifying standings with 15 points and a 4-1-3 record. The USMNT will face El Salvador on Jan. 27, Canada on Jan. 30 and Honduras on Feb. 2, 2022.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 3, 2021
- LAFC Season of Giving Continues with Blood Drive & Community Events on Dec 6 & 7 - Los Angeles FC
- New England Revolution Announce Year-End Roster Decisions - New England Revolution
- Parity Rules - MLS Leads in Championship Participants: MLS News & Notes - Conference Finals - MLS
- The 12 Biggest Storylines from the Rapids 2021 Season - Colorado Rapids
- Lassi Lappalainen Signs with CF Montréal - Club de Foot Montreal
- Columbus Crew Re-Signs Goalkeeper Eloy Room - Columbus Crew SC
- Mark-Anthony Kaye up for Canada Soccer Player of the Year - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire FC Re-Signs Defender Wyatt Omsberg - Chicago Fire FC
- Sounders FC Announces 2021 Team Awards - Seattle Sounders FC
- Three Rapids Players Receive Call up Ahead of USMNT Match with Bosnia and Herzegovina - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting KC's John Pulskamp Joins U.S. National Team - Sporting Kansas City
- Colorado Rapids Announce Year-End Roster Updates - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United Homegrown Kevin Paredes Selected for Upcoming U.S. Men's National Team Camp and Friendly - D.C. United
- Academy Update: 2021 Generation Adidas Cup Winter Event - Inter Miami CF
- Morris and Roldan Called into U.S. Men's National Team - Seattle Sounders FC
- Back-To-Back MLS Defender of the Year and 2021 MLS Best XI Selection Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Friendly - Nashville SC
- Keys to the Match: Embrace the Moment - New York City FC
- Columbus Crew Forward Gyasi Zardes to Join United States Men's National Team for International Friendly - Columbus Crew SC
- Cowell, Yueill Called to U.S. Men's National Team December Camp - San Jose Earthquakes
- Homegrown Goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina Earns First U.S. Men's National Team Call-Up - Chicago Fire FC
- Matt Turner & Henry Kessler Named to United States Men's National Team Roster for December Camp - New England Revolution
- New York Red Bulls Caden Clark and Aaron Long Called into U.S. Men's National Team Camp - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Homegrowns Justin Che, Jesús Ferreira and Ricardo Pepi Called into National Team Camp - FC Dallas
- George Bello and Brooks Lennon Called up to United States Men's National Team for December Friendly - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Travels to Portland Saturday, Facing Timbers in Western Conference Final - Real Salt Lake
- FC Cincinnati Academy Roundup: October 17 - FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati Academy to Compete at MLS NEXT Fest in California - FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati Academy Roundup: October 9-10 - FC Cincinnati
- 2021 adidas MLS College Showcase to Feature Top College Prospects - MLS
- Kit, Drafts & Schedules: Key Dates to Preseason - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Re-Signs Homegrown Jésus Ferreira as a Young Designated Player
- FC Dallas Hires Jerome Elenez as Vice President of Marketing
- FC Dallas Selects Six Players in 2022 MLS SuperDraft
- FC Dallas Holds the No. 3 and No. 6 Picks in 2022 MLS SuperDraft Presented by adidas on January 11
- FC Dallas Acquires Third Overall Pick in 2022 MLS SuperDraft from Toronto FC