Columbus Crew Forward Gyasi Zardes to Join United States Men's National Team for International Friendly
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew today announced that forward Gyasi Zardes has been selected to the United States Men's National Team roster for the upcoming international friendly against Bosnia and Herzegovina at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif., on Saturday, December 18 [8:00 p.m. ET / FS1, UniMás, TUDN].
The 30-year-old has earned 65 caps for the United States and tallied 14 international goals and 10 assists. Zardes' most recent cap came earlier this fall in a 2-1 victory over Costa Rica in a 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifier at the Crew's downtown home of Lower.com Field on Oct. 13.
Zardes has appeared in 103 regular-season matches for the Black & Gold since joining the Club ahead of the 2018 season. Over that span, he has registered 53 goals and six assists for the Crew. The Hawthorne, Calif., native joins Jeff Cunningham (64 goals), Brian McBride (62 goals) and Federico Higuain (55 goals) as one of only four players in Crew history to score 50 or more regular-season goals for the Black & Gold.
Lower.com Field, located in Astor Park, will again play host to the U.S. Men's National Team for a crucial 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifier against El Salvador on January 27, 2022. With demand far exceeding capacity for the last three World Cup Qualifiers, U.S. Soccer will once again utilize a weighted random draw for tickets. Information on the ticket allocation process is available here.
The Black & Gold are set to open the 2022 MLS season by hosting Vancouver Whitecaps FC at Lower.com Field on Saturday, February 26 at 3:30 p.m. ET. Season Ticket Memberships for the first full season at Lower.com Field are now available, with the Crew also accepting Nine-Match Ticket Plan deposits. For as little as $100, fans will have limited game selection flexibility, access to pre-sales and more. Supporters interested in securing Season Ticket Memberships or placing deposits for Nine-Match Plans for the 2022 MLS season can call 614-447-2739, visit columbuscrew.com/tickets/memberships or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with a Season Ticket Member representative.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 3, 2021
- LAFC Season of Giving Continues with Blood Drive & Community Events on Dec 6 & 7 - Los Angeles FC
- New England Revolution Announce Year-End Roster Decisions - New England Revolution
- Parity Rules - MLS Leads in Championship Participants: MLS News & Notes - Conference Finals - MLS
- The 12 Biggest Storylines from the Rapids 2021 Season - Colorado Rapids
- Lassi Lappalainen Signs with CF Montréal - Club de Foot Montreal
- Columbus Crew Re-Signs Goalkeeper Eloy Room - Columbus Crew SC
- Mark-Anthony Kaye up for Canada Soccer Player of the Year - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire FC Re-Signs Defender Wyatt Omsberg - Chicago Fire FC
- Sounders FC Announces 2021 Team Awards - Seattle Sounders FC
- Three Rapids Players Receive Call up Ahead of USMNT Match with Bosnia and Herzegovina - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting KC's John Pulskamp Joins U.S. National Team - Sporting Kansas City
- Colorado Rapids Announce Year-End Roster Updates - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United Homegrown Kevin Paredes Selected for Upcoming U.S. Men's National Team Camp and Friendly - D.C. United
- Academy Update: 2021 Generation Adidas Cup Winter Event - Inter Miami CF
- Morris and Roldan Called into U.S. Men's National Team - Seattle Sounders FC
- Back-To-Back MLS Defender of the Year and 2021 MLS Best XI Selection Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Friendly - Nashville SC
- Keys to the Match: Embrace the Moment - New York City FC
- Columbus Crew Forward Gyasi Zardes to Join United States Men's National Team for International Friendly - Columbus Crew SC
- Cowell, Yueill Called to U.S. Men's National Team December Camp - San Jose Earthquakes
- Homegrown Goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina Earns First U.S. Men's National Team Call-Up - Chicago Fire FC
- Matt Turner & Henry Kessler Named to United States Men's National Team Roster for December Camp - New England Revolution
- New York Red Bulls Caden Clark and Aaron Long Called into U.S. Men's National Team Camp - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Homegrowns Justin Che, Jesús Ferreira and Ricardo Pepi Called into National Team Camp - FC Dallas
- George Bello and Brooks Lennon Called up to United States Men's National Team for December Friendly - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Travels to Portland Saturday, Facing Timbers in Western Conference Final - Real Salt Lake
- FC Cincinnati Academy Roundup: October 17 - FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati Academy to Compete at MLS NEXT Fest in California - FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati Academy Roundup: October 9-10 - FC Cincinnati
- 2021 adidas MLS College Showcase to Feature Top College Prospects - MLS
- Kit, Drafts & Schedules: Key Dates to Preseason - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew Inspires Latest Mural Series in Short North Arts District
- Lower.com Field to Host Columbus Crew and Columbus Crew 2 Doubleheader this Saturday, May 21
- Columbus Crew Fans Set Guinness World Records© Title for Longest Chain of Sports Fan Scarfs to Support on Our Sleeves®
- Columbus Crew Supporters' March to the Match Returns this Weekend
- Columbus Crew Adds Noah Fuson on Short-Term Loan from Columbus Crew 2