FC Dallas Acquires D.C. United First Round Pick in 2020 MLS SuperDraft
Frisco, Texas - FC Dallas announced today that it has acquired D.C. United's natural first round pick in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft in exchange for $100,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM). Additionally, the club announced that it has waived defender Marquinhos Pedroso, who was subsequently claimed by D.C. United off waivers.
Pedroso, 25, joined FC Dallas on July 5, 2018 and appeared in 15 matches over two seasons for FC Dallas. He made his MLS debut on July 28, 2018 in the 3-2 win vs. Sporting Kansas City at Children's Mercy Park helping FC Dallas earn its first victory in Kansas City since 2011.
Prior to joining FC Dallas last July, Pedroso appeared in 111 matches for first division teams in Brazil, Turkey and Hungary from 2012-2018. He made his professional debut at 18 years old for Brazilian first division side Figueirense and made 69 appearances over four seasons and scored one goal and recorded five assists.
A dual citizen of Brazil and Italy, he has also appeared for Brazilian first division team Grêmio on a one-year loan, Turkey's Gaziantepspor and Hungarian first division team Ferencváros, where the club finished second in the Hungarian first division in 2017.
Full Name: Marquinhos Pedroso
Date of Birth: October 4, 1993
Hometown: Florianópolis, Brazil
Birthplace: Tubarão, Brazil
Transaction: FC Dallas acquires D.C. United's natural first round pick in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft in exchange for $100,000 in GAM. FC Dallas also waives defender Marquinhos Pedroso.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 3, 2019
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires $225,000 in Allocation Money Via Trade with the LA Galaxy - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Acquire Targeted Allocation Money from Columbus Crew SC - LA Galaxy
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Sporting Kansas City - Atlanta United FC
- Impact Takes on New York City FC Saturday at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Ezequiel Barco Named to Argentina U-20 Squad for 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Looks to Extend Winning Streak at Home on Saturday Night against Chicago Fire - Los Angeles FC
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Minnesota United FC - May 4, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Orlando City Return Home to Face Toronto FC - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting to Host Atlanta in Retro Night Showdown - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Acquires D.C. United First Round Pick in 2020 MLS SuperDraft - FC Dallas
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Philadelphia Union - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Acquire Defender Marquinhos Pedroso off of Waivers - D.C. United
- The Texas Derby Resumes: Here're 5 Things You Need to Know About FC Dallas' Match vs Houston - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Hosts Portland Timbers Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium - Real Salt Lake
- George Bello to Miss 2-3 Months with Adductor Injury - Atlanta United FC
- MNUFC Trades Defender Francisco Calvo to Chicago Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire Acquires Defender Francisco Calvo from Minnesota United FC - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Add MLS Pool Goalkeeper Charlie Lyon - Philadelphia Union
- Philadelphia Union Partners with Hispanic Approach, Amanece Magazine - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Completes Transfer of Pablo Aranguiz to Universidad de Chile
- FC Dallas Will Face Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Semifinals
- 2020 New Mexico Bowl Will be Played at Toyota Stadium
- Sixth-Seeded FC Dallas Upsets Third-Seeded Portland Timbers at Providence Park
- #PORvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know