Preview: Orlando City Return Home to Face Toronto FC
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC (3-3-3, 12 points) return to Orlando City Stadium on Saturday to face Toronto FC (4-2-1, 13 points). Kickoff is set for 4 p.m. ET.
The match will be locally televised on My65 and available on YouTube TV. It will also be broadcasted on Real Radio 104.1 FM in English and La Nueva 990 AM in Spanish.
"We're focused on Toronto, we feel as if the training this week has been really good. We had a great day yesterday with great intensity in training," Head Coach James O'Connor said. "My focus is getting the guys ready for Toronto."
City returns home following a 1-1 draw at NYCFC last week. Nani was the difference maker once more for the Lions, registering his team-leading fifth goal of the season in the 18th minute. The Portguese midfielder was in the right place at the right time, getting on the end of a poor clearance by the Pigeons following a cross from Ruan. The home side leveled in the 51st thanks to a goal from Héber, forcing the two to split the points.
In addition to his team-leading five goals in 2019, Nani also leads the Club with four assists.
Toronto enters Saturday's contest following a 2-1 loss at home last week to the Portland Timbers. The Reds opened the scoring in the 20th minute with a goal from Jonathan Osorio, but the visitors answered right back in the 22nd thanks to a goal from Bill Tuiloma. Jeremy Ebobisse scored the game-winner for the Timbers in the 72nd minute.
Jozy Altidore leads Toronto with five goals this season while Alejandro Pozuelo leads the team with five assists.
Saturday's meeting will be the first of two between the two clubs in 2019, with the Lions scheduled to visit BMO Field on August 10th.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 3, 2019
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires $225,000 in Allocation Money Via Trade with the LA Galaxy - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Acquire Targeted Allocation Money from Columbus Crew SC - LA Galaxy
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Sporting Kansas City - Atlanta United FC
- Impact Takes on New York City FC Saturday at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Ezequiel Barco Named to Argentina U-20 Squad for 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Looks to Extend Winning Streak at Home on Saturday Night against Chicago Fire - Los Angeles FC
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Minnesota United FC - May 4, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Orlando City Return Home to Face Toronto FC - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting to Host Atlanta in Retro Night Showdown - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Acquires D.C. United First Round Pick in 2020 MLS SuperDraft - FC Dallas
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Philadelphia Union - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Acquire Defender Marquinhos Pedroso off of Waivers - D.C. United
- The Texas Derby Resumes: Here're 5 Things You Need to Know About FC Dallas' Match vs Houston - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Hosts Portland Timbers Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium - Real Salt Lake
- George Bello to Miss 2-3 Months with Adductor Injury - Atlanta United FC
- MNUFC Trades Defender Francisco Calvo to Chicago Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire Acquires Defender Francisco Calvo from Minnesota United FC - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Add MLS Pool Goalkeeper Charlie Lyon - Philadelphia Union
- Philadelphia Union Partners with Hispanic Approach, Amanece Magazine - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Know Your Opponent: New England Revolution
- Playoff Update: the Conference Semifinals
- Orlando City SC Eastern Conference Semifinal Matchup vs. New England Officially Sold Out
- Orlando City Set to Host New England Revolution in Eastern Conference Semifinals on Sunday
- The Never-Ending Shootout