Falardeau, Bruckler to Hartford, Worrell to Charlotte
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte Checkers head coach and general manager Derek Wilkinson announced today that the Hartford Wolf Pack, the team's AHL affiliate, has recalled forward Lee Falardeau and signed goalie Bernd Bruckler to a Professional Tryout agreement (PTO). Hartford also reassigned NHL veteran Peter Worrell to Charlotte.
Falardeau, through the first six games this season, is tied for the team lead with a +4 rating and has four points (2g, 2a) including the game-winning goal in Sunday's 7-2 win over South Carolina. Falardeau was the 33rd overall pick by the New York Rangers in the second round of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. Last season, as a rookie, he appeared in three games with the Wolf Pack, but did not record a stat. He skated in 55 games with the Checkers last year registering 35 points (18g, 17a) and 52 penalty minutes.
Bruckler will return to the Wolf Pack lineup for the second time this season. Earlier this year, he appeared in one game with the Wolf Pack stopping 26-of-29 shots (.897 SPCT). In three games with the Checkers, Bruckler is 3-0-0 with a .870 save percentage and a 2.93 goals against average. Bruckler was a fifth-round selection (150th overall) by the Philadelphia Flyers in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.
Worrell, a 6-foot-7-inch, 250 pound left wing, has played seven seasons in the NHL with the Florida Panthers (six seasons) and the Colorado Avalanche. Worrell has been on the Wolf Pack roster since the start of the season but had yet to appear in a game. Worrell did not play during 2004-05 season, and appeared in 49 games with the Colorado Avalanche in 2003-04, totaling three goals and one assist for four points, along with 179 penalty minutes. He led the NHL in penalty minutes during the 2001-02 season and finished second and third in the NHL in PIM during the 2000-01 and 1998-99 seasons, respectively. Worrell, 28, was a seventh-round selection (166th overall) by the Florida Panthers in the 1995 NHL Entry Draft.
About the Charlotte Checkers
The Checkers are in action on the road for their next three games. The Checkers travel to Pensacola on Friday and then to face the Florida Everblades the following weekend (November 18 & 19). The Checkers return home on Tuesday, November 22nd and Friday the 25th. Season ticket packages, mini plans, group tickets, royal boxes, suites, terrace tables and individual tickets are on sale now. To purchase tickets, contact the Charlotte Checkers Ticket Office at (704) 342-4-ICE (4423). For a complete schedule of games and promotions, log onto www.gocheckers.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 9, 2005
- Ice Dogs Sneak Past RoadRunners 5-4 In A Shootout - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Titans shutout Royals, 3-0 - Trenton Devils
- Aces Down Steelheads 5-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Aces win in Boise, 5-2 - Alaska Aces
- Wranglers ask fans to help support troops - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Royals Blanked By Titans, 3-0 - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies to begin radio show - Utah Grizzlies
- Stanley Cup to Visit Pensacola - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- South Carolina's Fitzsimmons Fined - ECHL
- Johnson head to Iowa, Lynx get Riddle, Stepp - Augusta Lynx
- Bombers retain Teamline for live audio streaming - Dayton Bombers
- Former ECHL Referee St. Pierre Will Work First NHL Game Wednesday - ECHL
- Tarkki Called Up to AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- RoadRunners To Show Veteran Appreciation - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Falardeau, Bruckler to Hartford, Worrell to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Everblades juggle roster before road trip - Florida Everblades
- Peter Worrell reassigned to Charlotte Checkers - ECHL
- Jarmuth assigned - Trenton Devils
- Bombers retain services of Teamline for live audio streaming - Dayton Bombers
- Alaska Aces game notes - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Eklund is the 275th ECHL player to play in NHL - ECHL
- Bombers acquire goaltender Chad Collins - Dayton Bombers
- Falcons handed first road lost of the year - Fresno Falcons
- Wranglers clip Falcons 5-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.