Erik Cha placed on 7-day Injured List
Cedar Rapids, IA - The Cedar Rapids Kernels and Minnesota Twins announce that LHP Erik Cha has been placed on the 7-day injured list, retroactive to August 17th, with a left forearm strain and RHP Brian Rapp has been activated from the 7-day injured list. Brian Maloney, Senior Manager of Minor League Operations, announced the moves.
Cha has made two relief appearances for the Kernels this season, earning one save and allowing two hits and striking out four over 5 IP. He was selected by the Twins in the 17th round of the 2018 First Year Player Draft out of Cal State Fullerton.
Rapp went on the injured list back on August 11th with a left groin strain. He has made 28 appearances for the Kernels this season, including two starts, posting a 4-1 record and 5.93 ERA. In 54.2 IP, he allowed 58 hits and 39 runs (36 earned) with 42 walks and 87 strikeouts. He was selected by the Twins in the 26th round of the 2018 First Year Player Draft out of Boston College.
Rapp is active and available for tonight's 5:15 PM game at Quad Cities. With today's transactions, the Kernels roster remains at the MWL maximum of 25 active players, with five players currently on the injured list and one MLB rehab assignment.
The Kernels continue a 10-game road trip tonight at Quad Cities at 5:15 PM. They return to Perfect Game Field at Veterans Memorial Stadium on Saturday, August 24th to host Peoria at 6:35 PM.
Chris Kleinhans-Schulz and Morgan Hawk bring you all of the play-by-play on the radio home of Kernels baseball, 1450 KMRY AM and 93.1 KMRY FM. Fans may listen on-line at www.kmryradio.com, or www.kernels.com. Fans may also stream all 70 Kernels home game and selected road games via a MiLB.TV subscription. Visit www.milb.com for MiLB.TV subscription information.
Tickets may be purchased on-line at www.kernels.com, or by calling the Kernels Ticket Office at 896-7560. Ticket office hours are 10 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, and 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 18, 2019
- River Bandits Hold off Kernels Late Charge in 5-4 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Comeback Comes up Short for Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rattlers Win 7-3 over Chiefs - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Soto Homers as Chiefs Fall Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Wilkel Quells Captains in 4-2 Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Late-Inning Comeback Falls Short as Beloit loses to Burlington - Beloit Snappers
- Cubs Blast Three Home Runs and Topple Loons 9-5 - South Bend Cubs
- TinCaps Rally for Win for Second Straight Day - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- You Get a Home Run... You Get a Home Run - Great Lakes Loons
- Captains' Bats Silenced by Whitecaps - Lake County Captains
- Cardenas Has Three Hits in 4-2 Loss on Sunday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- In Final Copa De La Diversion Game, Locos Surprise Dragons, 9-6 - Lansing Lugnuts
- LumberKings Hold on for 9-7 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Slug Late, Drop Date with LumberKings - Kane County Cougars
- Lansing Scores 6 in 7th to Come from Behind, Defeat Dragons, 9-6 - Dayton Dragons
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Homestand Highlights: August 21-23 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Erik Cha placed on 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 18 vs. Bowling Green (Game 123) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Sunday, August 18 - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.