Soto Homers as Chiefs Fall Sunday
Peoria, IL - The Peoria Chiefs tied the game early but ultimately fell to the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers 7-3 Sunday night at Dozer Park. In going 2-for-3 with a home run, walk and two runs scored, catcher Carlos Soto was named the Pekin Insurance Beyond the Expected Player of the Game.
The Chiefs gave up a two-out single for a run in the second inning before pulling even in the fourth. Soto launched his first homer in a Chiefs uniform with one out in the inning to get the game even.
Wisconsin used three straight hits in the seventh inning to regain the lead against Parker Kelly. The Chiefs got a run back in the bottom of the inning as Wadye Ynfante drove in Soto with a single.
However Sebastian Tabata gave up two more in the eighth as Wisconsin took a 6-2 lead. The Chiefs also scored in the eighth as Brandon Riley doubled, moved to third on a fly out and scored on a balk. Wisconsin tallied the final run on two hits in the ninth.
Parker Kelly (3-4) took the loss as he allowed four runs on seven hits over 6 2/3 innings while striking out five. Tabata didn't give up a hit but did allow two runs on two walks, an error and a wild pitch in 1 1/3 innings. Evan Sisk gave up one run on two hits in one inning of work.
The Chiefs continue their seven-game homestand with Wisconsin on Monday at 6:35 p.m. The broadcast can be heard, starting with the Pre-Game Show at 6:20 p.m. on the Peoria Chiefs Tune-In Page, which is free and also has a free app for smartphones and tablets. The game is also available on MiLB.TV for subscribers.
Monday, is Half Price Ticket Monday with $7.50, $6.50, $5.50, and $4.50 ticket options. Tuesday, August 20 is the final Taco Tuesday of the season with $2 tacos at the concession stands. It's also Thanks for Your Service Tuesday where all Veterans and First Responders receive up to four (4) tickets at $3 each with a valid ID. Humana Silver Sluggers receive up to one (1) free ticket to all Tuesday home games thanks to the Humana Silver Sluggers Program.
Individual game tickets, group tickets and season ticket packages, including full-season, a 35-game ticket package, an 18-game ticket package or a Flex Plan are currently on sale by calling 309-680-4000. Individual game tickets are also on sale with the Dozer Park Box Office open Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm and online at www.peoriachiefs.com which also lists all of the season's promotions. Game times and promotions are subject to change.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 18, 2019
- River Bandits Hold off Kernels Late Charge in 5-4 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Comeback Comes up Short for Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rattlers Win 7-3 over Chiefs - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Soto Homers as Chiefs Fall Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Wilkel Quells Captains in 4-2 Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Late-Inning Comeback Falls Short as Beloit loses to Burlington - Beloit Snappers
- Cubs Blast Three Home Runs and Topple Loons 9-5 - South Bend Cubs
- TinCaps Rally for Win for Second Straight Day - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- You Get a Home Run... You Get a Home Run - Great Lakes Loons
- Captains' Bats Silenced by Whitecaps - Lake County Captains
- Cardenas Has Three Hits in 4-2 Loss on Sunday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- In Final Copa De La Diversion Game, Locos Surprise Dragons, 9-6 - Lansing Lugnuts
- LumberKings Hold on for 9-7 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Slug Late, Drop Date with LumberKings - Kane County Cougars
- Lansing Scores 6 in 7th to Come from Behind, Defeat Dragons, 9-6 - Dayton Dragons
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Homestand Highlights: August 21-23 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Erik Cha placed on 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 18 vs. Bowling Green (Game 123) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Sunday, August 18 - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peoria Chiefs Stories
- Chiefs Single Game Tickets Go on Sale March 16
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Bobble Heads and Theme Ticket Packages
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Fireworks Dates
- Chiefs Scholarship Applications Open Until March 4
- Almonte Returns as Chiefs Manager in 2020; Gabella & Martin Join Staff