Eight Run Outburst Leads Bees by River Cats
The Bees utilized an eight-run sixth inning to erase a 6-0 deficit and would go on to beat the Sacramento River Cats 10-7 on Thursday night.
The River Cats slowly built up the early lead scoring one run in the first and second innings, two in the third and then a run in the fifth in the sixth. Chris Carter would start the onslaught with a solo homer to right field, two batters later Jabari Blash hit his fifth home run of the year following a Jose Miguel Fernandez single. The rally would continue with a RBI single from Jose Briceno, bases loaded walk by David Fletcher, Kaleb Cowart RBI single and a Fernandez RBI single. In total, nine straight Bees reached base to start the inning without making an out to take an 8-6 lead. The River Cats would score on a solo home run in the seventh inning, but Chris Carter would give the Bees some insurance in the eighth with his second home run of the night.
Carter finished the night with three RBIs to lead the Bees. Cowart made his first start of the year after coming off the disabled list with a broken foot and collected a three-hit night. Fernandez and Michael Hermosillo also had multi-hit nights. Every member of the Bees lineup scored at least one run. Bees reliever Ralston Cash (1-1) was given the win while Joan Gregorio (1-2) took the loss for the River Cats. Following Cash, Ian Krol threw one and two-thirds scoreless innings and Akeel Morris came in to collect the final out and his first save of the season.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 20, 2018
- Sky Sox Win 3-2, Take Series over Baby Cakes - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Oklahoma City Claims Series with 6-3 Victory in Finale - Round Rock Express
- Alzolay Deals in Triple-A Debut - Iowa Cubs
- Snakebit Baby Cakes Drop Series Finale - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Continue Hot Start with 6-3 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds' Bats Go Cold in Loss to Omaha - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Snaps Sounds Streak, Takes Series Finale 7-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Grizz & GAR Team up to Help FFA - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (12-3) at Omaha Storm Chasers (3-11) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 20, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Storm Chasers Announce First of Five All-Decade Teams - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Las Vegas Magic - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Blank Isotopes, 1-0, Win Fourth Straight - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Skid to Seven Straight - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Edge Reno 6-5 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Eight Run Outburst Leads Bees by River Cats - Salt Lake Bees
- Isotopes Pitchers Throw Two-Hitter in Loss to Rainiers - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Disastrous inning dooms River Cats against Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- Burnes Strikes out Nine, Sky Sox Shutout 'Cakes - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ