Chihuahuas Edge Reno 6-5
The El Paso Chihuahuas won their second consecutive one-run game Thursday, defeating the Reno Aces 6-5 at Greater Nevada Field. It was El Paso's third consecutive win and clinched their second series win of the season, with the series finale coming on Friday.
The Chihuahuas built up a 6-0 advantage with two runs each in the first, second and fifth innings. The Aces scored five unanswered runs but fell one run short, in part because of El Paso's bullpen, which struck out seven Aces in the final three innings of the game. Franmil Reyes and Brett Nicholas both homered for El Paso.
The Chihuahuas are now 7-1 in road games this season. Reno has lost seven consecutive games. Kyle Lloyd didn't allow any runs in the first four innings of the game, giving El Paso starters 17 innings in the series to that point without surrendering an earned run.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-aces/2018/04/19/543211#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=543211
Team Records: El Paso (10-5), Reno (4-11)
Next Game: Friday, 7:35 pm at Greater Nevada Field. El Paso LHP Eric Lauer (2-1, 3.00) vs. Reno RHP Braden Shipley (2-0, 1.56). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
El Paso 6 Reno 5 - Thursday
WP: Lloyd (2-0)
LP: Medlen (0-2)
S: Weir (1)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 20, 2018
- Sky Sox Win 3-2, Take Series over Baby Cakes - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Oklahoma City Claims Series with 6-3 Victory in Finale - Round Rock Express
- Alzolay Deals in Triple-A Debut - Iowa Cubs
- Snakebit Baby Cakes Drop Series Finale - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Continue Hot Start with 6-3 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds' Bats Go Cold in Loss to Omaha - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Snaps Sounds Streak, Takes Series Finale 7-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Grizz & GAR Team up to Help FFA - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (12-3) at Omaha Storm Chasers (3-11) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 20, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Storm Chasers Announce First of Five All-Decade Teams - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Las Vegas Magic - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Blank Isotopes, 1-0, Win Fourth Straight - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Skid to Seven Straight - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Edge Reno 6-5 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Eight Run Outburst Leads Bees by River Cats - Salt Lake Bees
- Isotopes Pitchers Throw Two-Hitter in Loss to Rainiers - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Disastrous inning dooms River Cats against Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- Burnes Strikes out Nine, Sky Sox Shutout 'Cakes - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- Chihuahuas and Locomotive Front Office Staffs to Offer Support to Area Non-Profit Organizations
- Announcement Regarding 2020 Minor League Baseball Season
- Chihuahuas to Host Father's Day Catch on the Field Presented by Bank of America
- El Paso Chihuahuas, El Paso Locomotive FC, and FC Juarez Bravos Announce Plan to Unify the Borderplex During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Chihuahuas, Locomotive & Southwest University Park Announce Partnership with Professional Sports Catering