Grizz & GAR Team up to Help FFA
FRESNO/REEDLEY, Calif. - The Fresno Grizzlies and Gar Tootelian, Inc. (GAR) have partnered to donate $2,500 to the California FFA Association to help replace items stolen earlier this week.
"Seeing such a tragedy as this for the State of California FFA, knowing that the State FFA Leadership Conference is next week, we just had to help," says Derek Franks, President of the Fresno Grizzlies. "Once I heard about this, I reached out to one of our prominent partners, Karen Musson from GAR, and immediately she was more than ready to step up to the plate."
"The State of California FFA is a vital part of the Central Valley and something we hold very close to our hearts at GAR," said Karen Musson, Managing Partner at GAR. "Once Derek called, we jumped right on board and were glad to help the kids that mean so much to us."
The $2,500 donation will be used to replace the awards for the students that were stolen in a trailer from Galt, CA earlier this week. The trailer was loaded with audio/visual equipment, awards, thousands of Disneyland tickets, and registration materials ready for shipment to Anaheim in preparation for the 90th Annual FFA Leadership Conference starting on Sunday, April 22nd.
Gar Tootelian, Inc. is a locally owned and operated family business established in 1949 and is an industry and community leader. Community activities and sponsorships include: the Fresno Grizzlies Farm Grown Community Fund, the Fresno Chaffee Zoo's Valley Farm, Valley PBS Valley's Gold and Education through Agriculture, the Center for Land Based Learning FARMS Advanced and California Ag in the Classroom. In 2011, GAR raised $1.65 million to expand the Clovis Medical Center Emergency Room in honor of Central Valley Farmers and their Families.
Under the Fresno Grizzlies' new ownership, "Fresno Sports and Events," there is a renewed focus on community initiatives both inside and outside of Chukchansi Park.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 20, 2018
- Sky Sox Win 3-2, Take Series over Baby Cakes - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Oklahoma City Claims Series with 6-3 Victory in Finale - Round Rock Express
- Alzolay Deals in Triple-A Debut - Iowa Cubs
- Snakebit Baby Cakes Drop Series Finale - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Continue Hot Start with 6-3 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds' Bats Go Cold in Loss to Omaha - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Snaps Sounds Streak, Takes Series Finale 7-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Grizz & GAR Team up to Help FFA - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (12-3) at Omaha Storm Chasers (3-11) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 20, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Storm Chasers Announce First of Five All-Decade Teams - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Las Vegas Magic - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Blank Isotopes, 1-0, Win Fourth Straight - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Skid to Seven Straight - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Edge Reno 6-5 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Eight Run Outburst Leads Bees by River Cats - Salt Lake Bees
- Isotopes Pitchers Throw Two-Hitter in Loss to Rainiers - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Disastrous inning dooms River Cats against Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- Burnes Strikes out Nine, Sky Sox Shutout 'Cakes - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Fresno Grizzlies Season Update
- Fresno Grizzlies Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Fowler Packing (Peelz), Save Mart, ABC 30, Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, and Grizzlies Join Forces to Surprise Senior Shoppers with Free Groceries
- Grizzlies Unveil 2020 Daily Specials
- Chukchansi Park Job Fair Set for Saturday, March 7th