Aces Skid to Seven Straight
Reno, NV - After being no-hit through 4.1 innings, and being down 6-0, the Reno aces clubbed their way back, but came up just short. Reno scored four in the fifth and one in the sixth to take a 6-5 loss at the hands of El Paso. The comeback began in the bottom of the fifth when Daniel Robertson walked with the bases loaded. Kristopher Negron scored on a wild pitch and Jack Reinheimer doubled home two. The Aces tacked on one in the sixth and that's where the comeback attempt ended.
El Paso got their offense started early, scoring two runs in each of the first two innings. Framil Reyes hit a two-run home run off starter Kris Medlen (0-2, 4.73) in the top of the first inning. A throwing error by Aces catcher Michael Perez allowed two runs to score in the second, giving El Paso a 4-0 lead. It was silent until the fifth when Brett Nicholas hit a solo home run off Medlen in the fifth inning. Tomorrow, Braden Shipley (2-0, 1.56) will get the nod for skipper Greg Gross and square off against El Paso left-hander Eric Lauer. First pitch is slated for 6:35 p.m.
Top Performers - Reno
Jack Reinheimer (2-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI) Ildemaro Vargas (1-for-4, RBI) Michael Perez (1-for-4, R)
Top Performers - El Paso
Franmil Reyes (2-for-4, HR, 2 RBI) Nick Schulz (2-for-3, 2B, RBI) Brett Nicholas (1-5, HR, RBI
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) (PT) RADIO/TV
Friday April 20 El Paso
Chihuahuas RHP Braden Shipley vs.
LHP Eric Lauer 6:35
PM KPLY 630 AM
Notes & Information
7's Unlucky for Reno: The loss brings Reno's losing streak to seven games. The last time the Aces lost seven consecutive games was 4/10/13 through 4/15/13. The only other seven-game skid in Aces history was the longest losing streak in team history (9) from 7/4/10 through 7/15/10. Over their last 10 games, Reno has been outscored 39-51 with a record of 2-8.
Kevin's Tower : Prior to the game against the San Diego Padres tomorrow, the D-backs will officially dedicate the suite in which the team's late General Manager Kevin Towers used to sit as Kevin's Tower. The team will wear a patch in KT's memory on Aug. 2 when the D-backs celebrate the 2011 NL West Division championship club, for which he served as GM.
Bullish Pen : The Aces bullpen entered tonight's contest with an ERA of 9.20. Joey Krehbiel, Stefan Crichton, Jared Miller and Jake Barrett lowed that tonight. The four relievers in tonight's game went a combined 4.1 innings and allowed no runs on two hits and struck out four. Miller has not allowed a run in three consecutive outings (3.1 IP, 0 H, 4 K).
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 20, 2018
- Sky Sox Win 3-2, Take Series over Baby Cakes - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Oklahoma City Claims Series with 6-3 Victory in Finale - Round Rock Express
- Alzolay Deals in Triple-A Debut - Iowa Cubs
- Snakebit Baby Cakes Drop Series Finale - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Continue Hot Start with 6-3 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds' Bats Go Cold in Loss to Omaha - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Snaps Sounds Streak, Takes Series Finale 7-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Grizz & GAR Team up to Help FFA - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (12-3) at Omaha Storm Chasers (3-11) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 20, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Storm Chasers Announce First of Five All-Decade Teams - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Las Vegas Magic - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Blank Isotopes, 1-0, Win Fourth Straight - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Skid to Seven Straight - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Edge Reno 6-5 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Eight Run Outburst Leads Bees by River Cats - Salt Lake Bees
- Isotopes Pitchers Throw Two-Hitter in Loss to Rainiers - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Disastrous inning dooms River Cats against Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- Burnes Strikes out Nine, Sky Sox Shutout 'Cakes - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Aces Program at Greater Nevada Field Raises More Than $61,000
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Slaughter House Halloween Attraction
- Reno Aces, Vegas Desert Sports Partner to Host Golden Knights Watch Parties in Northern Nevada
- Greater Nevada Field, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe Brings Teton Gravity Research Winter Film to Northern Nevada
- Multiple Teams See New Affiliations in Pacific Coast League