Edwardson Returns To Wranglers
LAS VEGAS, NV - Las Vegas Wranglers announced today the team has agreed to terms with center Derek Edwardson for the upcoming 2006-07 season.
"Derek Edwardson is a premier player in the ECHL and very capable of playing at the next level," said Wranglers General Manager / Head Coach Glen Gulutzan. "We expect bigger and better things from Derek this coming season as he furthers his development as a player."
Edwardson returns for his second season with the Wranglers and third of his professional career. Last season, Edwardson netted 16 goals and dished out 29 assists for 45 points in 53 games played for Las Vegas. Edwardson finished third on the team with 14 assists on the power play. The 5-foot-10, 180-pound forward followed up the regular season with three goals and nine assists for 12 points in 13 playoff games. Edwardson also played 19 games with the American Hockey League's Portland Pirates in 2005-06, scoring four goals and adding four assists for eight points. Over his career, the third-year centerman has 43 goals and 74 assists for 117 points in 146 games played.
The Illinois native represented Atlantic City and the National Conference at the 2005 Coors Light ECHL All Star Game in Reading, PA. The center scored for the National Conference, helping them skate to a 6-2 win over the American Conference. He also won the shot accuracy contest at the 2005 Coors Light ECHL All Star Skills Competition. He played four seasons at Miami University from 2000-2004. Edwardson played in 135 games for the Redhawks, scoring 38 goals and assisting on 82 others for 120 points.
The Wranglers play all 36 home games at the Orleans Arena, located at the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Avenue. The Wranglers host the Victoria Salmon Kings for the home opener on Friday, November 3rd at 7:05 pm. Seat packages to see the Wranglers play at the Orleans Arena for the upcoming 2006-07 season are now on sale, starting as low as $157. Call (702) 471-PUCK (7825) for more information or visit www.lasvegaswranglers.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 22, 2006
- Condors once again open house for fans - Bakersfield Condors
- Edwardson Returns To Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Dogs and Condors clash for two - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Wood signs two-way deal with Peoria - Alaska Aces
- NHL Promotes Former ECHL Referees St. Pierre, Ciamaga - ECHL
- Filion Ready To Pack It Up - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Franck Signs Qualifying Offer - Wheeling Nailers
- Inferno Add Depth to Roster - Columbia Inferno
- Titans add two more to roster - Trenton Devils
- Bombers equipment manager takes job in Rochester - Dayton Bombers
- RoadRunners Announce Changes To 2006-07 Schedule - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Jason Christie Tabs Former Grizzlies Forward Spenrath As Assistant - Utah Grizzlies
- Storm Return Team Head Scout - Toledo Walleye
- 'Blades ink Berg to Deal - Florida Everblades
- Salmon Kings seize another Islander - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Head Coach Karl Taylor Returns To Lead 2006-07 Royals - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Wranglers Stories
- Las Vegas Wranglers to Return to the Ice for 2015-16 Season
- Wranglers' Season Comes to Close with 3-2 Game Four Loss to Aces
- Wranglers Fall in Game Three at Home to Alaska, 5-1
- Wranglers Fall to Aces in Game Two Nail-Biter, 3-1
- Wranglers Dropped by Aces in Game One, 5-1