Dragons Notes for Friday
Friday, April 19, 2019 l Game # 15
Cooley Law School Stadium l Lansing, Mich. l 6:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (5-9) at Lansing Lugnuts (8-6)
RH Jared Solomon (0-1, 3.38) vs. RH Cobi Johnson (0-0, 1.00)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lansing Lugnuts (affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays) in the second game of a three-game set. This is game two of a six-game, seven-day road trip for Dayton. Current Series: Lansing 1, Dayton 0.
Last Game: Thursday: Lansing 12, Dayton 4. Ryan Gold hit for the cycle including a grand slam home run as the Lugnuts put together three innings of at least three runs. Gold drove in seven runs and scored three times. Dayton's Mariel Bautista had a strong night in a losing cause with three hits including a home run. He drove in two runs. Jonathan Willems had two hits including a double and scored a run for Dayton.
The Dragons are 4-3 at home in 2019 but just 1-6 on the road. They have been outscored 56-27 in their seven road games. In the six road losses, they have allowed an average of 9.3 runs per game.
The Dragons have hit five home runs over the last three games after connecting on just three homers in their first 11 games. They have 19 extra base hits in their last four games after collecting 18 in their first 10 games.
The Dragons have held the lead in 12 of their 14 games this season. They have lost two games (both in Fort Wayne) in which they took a lead of at least two runs to the eighth inning.
Jonathan Willems has a five-game hitting streak, going 8 for 15 (.533) with a home run and two doubles.
Mariel Bautista is 6 for 13 (.462) with two home runs and four RBI in his last three games.
Bren Spillane is 5 for 12 (.417) with a home run and double in his last three games.
Miguel Hernandez is 4 for 9 (.444) with two doubles in his last three games.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Saturday, April 20 (1:05 p.m.): Dayton LH Jacob Heatherly (1-1, 5.19) at Lansing RH Josh Winckowski (0-0, 2.08)
Sunday, April 21: Do Not Play
Monday, April 22 (6:30 p.m.): Dayton RH Jhon De Jesus (1-1, 3.77) at Lake County TBA
Tuesday, April 23 (6:30 p.m.): Dayton RH James Marinan (0-1, 3.95) at Lake County TBA
Wednesday, April 24 (12:00 noon): Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (0-2, 5.73) at Lake County TBA
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 19, 2019
- Burlington Wins Second Game of Series, 4-3 - Burlington Bees
- Cougars Throw 10th No-Hitter in Franchise History - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs Walk in Go-Ahead Run, Lose Again 4-3 - Peoria Chiefs
- LumberKings Hold On for Third Straight Win - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Ride Sterling Pitching to Win Doubleheader Nightcap - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Seven-Run Inning Lifts Hot Rods to Third Straight Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Wisconsin Drops Another Close One at Clinton - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cabbage, Williams Go Back to Back in Victory - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Kane County Tosses Combined No-Hitter in 1-0 Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Snappers come up short in Cedar Rapids - Beloit Snappers
- For the First Time Since 2017, Dragons Win in Lansing - Lansing Lugnuts
- Wild 5th Inning Sinks Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Martinez, Manzanero Lead Dragons to 9-4 Win in Lansing - Dayton Dragons
- Tyler Palm activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 19 vs. West Michigan (Games 15 & 16) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Friday's Captains vs. Cubs Game Postponed - Lake County Captains
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Homestand Highlights: April 22-28 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Hollywood Movie and Television Star Danny Trejo to Appear at Four Winds Field - South Bend Cubs
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Benson Blasts into History with Four-Homer Game - Lake County Captains
- Bees Walk-Off 4-3 over Chiefs - Burlington Bees
- Betts Homers Twice, Johnson Is Clutch in 13-Inning Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Banfield Walks It Off for LumberKings Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Chiefs Take No-Hitter Into Eighth, Lose 4-3 - Peoria Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.