#DirkDayFCD & More 5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvRBNY
FC Dallas (5-3-2, 17 points) faces the New York Red Bulls (3-5-2, 11 points) on Saturday, May 11 in Toyota Stadium in a match presented by Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano. This is the only meeting between the two clubs this season.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #FCDvRBNY
TV: 1 PM CT on Univision
Radio: 1 PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 1270AM (Spanish)
Scarfer: Former Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki
Scarfing will take place on the north concourse at 12:30PM CT.
Nowitzki will also take a penalty kick at halftime.
Doubleheader: North Texas Soccer Club hosts Orlando City B following the conclusion of FC Dallas' match against the New York Red Bulls
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts Los Angeles FC on Sunday, May 19 at 4PM CT.
5 Things to Know About #FCDvRBNY
Fresh off his recent retirement, Dallas Mavericks and NBA legend Dirk Nowitzki will return to Toyota Stadium on Saturday to perform the ceremonial scarfing of the Lamar Hunt statue prior to kickoff. This will be Dirk's second time honoring Lamar Hunt, having previously scarfed the statue on June 23, 2012. Five dollars from every ticket to Saturday's match purchased through this link will go to the Dirk Nowitzki Foundation. Nowitzki will also take a penalty kick at halftime of Saturday's match. If he makes it...let's be honest...when he makes it, FC Dallas will match the donation amount of money raised through ticket sales to the Dirk Nowitzki Foundation.
Coverage You Might Have Missed:
Catching up with Reto Ziegler (Dallas Morning News)
Edwin Cerrillo, Paxton Pomykal and Brandon Servania called into U-20 National Team for 2019 U-20 World Cup (FCDallas.com)
Rookie John Nelson earning minutes, trust in early part of the season (ProSoccerUSA)
League-best defense key to first-place for North Texas SC (NorthTexasSC.com)
On This Date
Dallas has the omens on its side for Saturday's match. FCD has an all-time record of 4-1-0 in games played on May 11. The Dallas Burn won 3-2 over Kansas City Wizards in 1996, lost 2-0 against New England Revolution in 2002, defeated Toronto FC 1-0 in 2011, won 2-1 against D.C. United in 2013 and won against the Portland Timbers 2-1 in 2016.
New York's Road Woes
The Red Bulls have struggled on the road having yet to register their first away win of 2019. With two losses and two draws on their travels, Saturday's match will be an opportunity for them to turn their road-form around in Dallas. However, New York will first need to address its goal-scoring issues away from Red Bull Arena; Chris Armas and co. have only scored three goals in their four road games- second lowest in MLS.
Against New York
Historically, New York has been a tricky opponent for Dallas. FCD has a 17-22-6 record all-time against the Red Bulls/MetroStars. Dallas has fared slightly better when facing RBNY at home, posting a home record of 9-9-4 all-time.
About New York
The Red Bulls have undergone a rough start to their season. Chris Armas' team only managed one win in their opening seven games but have recently turned their fortunes around with back-to-back wins over FC Cincinnati and the LA Galaxy. However, New York's turnaround was short lived as it dropped all three points at home to Montreal Impact on Wednesday.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 10, 2019
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Houston Dynamo - May 11, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts Los Angeles Football Club at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. San Jose Earthquakes - New England Revolution
- Impact Visits FC Cincinnati Saturday Afternoon - Montreal Impact
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- #DirkDayFCD & More 5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvRBNY - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Faces Rocky Mountain Rival Colorado Rapids Saturday in Denver - Real Salt Lake
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Aboubacar Keita Receives International Call-Up for FIFA Under-20 Men's World Cup - Columbus Crew SC
- Preview: Orlando City Begin Two-Game Road Stint at Atlanta - Orlando City SC
- LAFC Heads to Ohio to Face Columbus Crew SC on Saturday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Tonight's Match in Phoenix - Houston Dynamo
- Revolution Forward Justin Rennicks Named to United States Roster for FIFA U-20 World Cup - New England Revolution
- Minnesota United FC vs. Chicago Fire Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake GK David Ochoa Called to the U.S. for the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: New York Heads West to Face FC Dallas - New York Red Bulls
- BMO Soccer Celebration Summer Tour Schedule Unveiled - Montreal Impact
- Union's Mark McKenzie, Matt Real Called up by United States Under-20 National Team Ahead of 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup - Philadelphia Union
- Edwin Cerrillo, Paxton Pomykal, Brandon Servania Called into United States U-20 National Team for 2019 U-20 World Cup - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- Three FC Dallas Homegrowns Part of USMNT 22-Player Travel Roster for Final Prep Ahead of USA-Costa Rica Match
- FC Dallas' Road Match against LAFC Moved to September 13
- FC Dallas Signs Liga MX Forward Franco Jara
- FC Dallas Trades Jacori Hayes to Minnesota United FC
- Paxton Pomykal Departs U.S. Men's National Team January Camp