Revolution Forward Justin Rennicks Named to United States Roster for FIFA U-20 World Cup
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - New England Revolution forward and Homegrown Player Justin Rennicks has been named by Head Coach Tab Ramos to the United States Under-20 Men's National Team roster for the upcoming FIFA Under-20 Men's World Cup in Poland from May 13-June 16. Rennicks will be unavailable for the Revolution's league matches against Montreal (May 18), D.C. United (May 25), and LA Galaxy (June 2).
Rennicks, 20, most recently joined the U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team for a training camp and pair of matches in Spain from March 18-26 in preparation for this summer's 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup. The South Hamilton, Mass. native earns his third U-20 MNT call-up of the year, also including a training camp in Florida in January 2019. Including this latest call-up, Rennicks has been named to a team-high eight out of nine U-20 camp rosters during this World Cup cycle. On the youth international stage, Rennicks has represented the United States at the U-20, U-18, and U-16 levels, totaling more than 15 caps across all levels.
Rennicks and the United States will join Nigeria, Qatar, and Ukraine in Group D of the 24-team tournament that kicks off on May 24 in Bielsko-Biala. The U.S. will first face Ukraine (May 24), before battling Nigeria (May 27) and Qatar (May 30) in the group stage. The top two teams in each of the six groups will advance to the Knockout stage.
The former Indiana University striker saw his most recent international action in March 2019, when he came off the bench for 11 minutes in the U.S. Under-20 squad's 2-2 draw with France in a friendly on March 22. During the 2018 Concacaf U-20 Championship, Rennicks registered four goals and six assists across eight appearances in the tournament, which secured the United States' spot in the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
Currently in his first MLS season after signing his Homegrown Player contract on Jan. 18, 2019, Rennicks made his MLS debut on March 9 as a halftime substitute against Columbus Crew SC. Prior to joining the first team, he developed for more than four years in the Revolution Academy, scoring 38 goals and tallying 25 assists in 100-plus appearances across all levels. Rennicks was also the only two-time recipient of the UnitedHealthcare Revolution Academy Player of the Year Award in 2014 and 2015, and also the Revs' U-14 Player of the Year in 2013.
The Revolution will return to MLS action on Saturday, May 11 for a meeting with the San Jose Earthquakes at Gillette Stadium. The match will kick off at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Boston, 98.5 The Sports Hub, and 1260 AM Nossa Radio USA. For up-to-the-minute information on the Revolution, visit the team's official website at revolutionsoccer.net, or join the conversation and interact with fans on any of the team's social platforms.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 10, 2019
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Houston Dynamo - May 11, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts Los Angeles Football Club at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. San Jose Earthquakes - New England Revolution
- Impact Visits FC Cincinnati Saturday Afternoon - Montreal Impact
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- #DirkDayFCD & More 5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvRBNY - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Faces Rocky Mountain Rival Colorado Rapids Saturday in Denver - Real Salt Lake
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Aboubacar Keita Receives International Call-Up for FIFA Under-20 Men's World Cup - Columbus Crew SC
- Preview: Orlando City Begin Two-Game Road Stint at Atlanta - Orlando City SC
- LAFC Heads to Ohio to Face Columbus Crew SC on Saturday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Tonight's Match in Phoenix - Houston Dynamo
- Revolution Forward Justin Rennicks Named to United States Roster for FIFA U-20 World Cup - New England Revolution
- Minnesota United FC vs. Chicago Fire Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake GK David Ochoa Called to the U.S. for the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: New York Heads West to Face FC Dallas - New York Red Bulls
- BMO Soccer Celebration Summer Tour Schedule Unveiled - Montreal Impact
- Union's Mark McKenzie, Matt Real Called up by United States Under-20 National Team Ahead of 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup - Philadelphia Union
- Edwin Cerrillo, Paxton Pomykal, Brandon Servania Called into United States U-20 National Team for 2019 U-20 World Cup - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Drop Preseason Match to Vancouver Whitecaps FC, 2-0
- Revolution Battle to 2-2 Draw with Minnesota United FC to Open Portland Preseason Tournament
- Revolution Top Colorado Rapids, 3-1, in Preseason Action
- Revolution Open 2020 Preseason Schedule against LA Galaxy
- New England Revolution Unveil 25th Season "The Original" Jersey