Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. San Jose Earthquakes
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution (2-8-2, 8 pts.) will host the San Jose Earthquakes (3-5-2, 11 pts.) on Saturday, May 11 at Gillette Stadium. The match kicks off at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be televised locally on NBC Sports Boston, with Brad Feldman, Paul Mariner, and Naoko Funayama calling the action. Authenticated subscribers may also stream the match on NBCSportsBoston.com and on the NBC Sports app. The contest airs locally on the radio with 98.5 The Sports Hub broadcasting the action in English and 1260 AM Nossa Radio providing Portuguese commentary.
On Saturday, New England will take the field for the first time under the guidance of Mike Lapper, who took over interim head coaching responsibilities after Brad Friedel was relieved of his duties on Thursday. The Revs will look to rebound from Wednesday's defeat at Chicago with a victory against San Jose, which enters the weekend unbeaten in four straight matches (2-0-2). The Western Conference side holds a 14-20-8 advantage in the all-time regular season series, though the Revs own a 2-0-1 record in Foxborough against the original MLS club since 2013.
Saturday also marks the Revolution's annual "Salute to Heroes" night, as the club has once again partnered with USO New England to recognize local military personnel, police, fire, and first responders. In addition to providing members of these groups with tickets to the match and several in-game moments of recognition, the club will also host an online auction featuring match-worn and autographed items to benefit USO New England.
Following Saturday's contest, New England will turn its attention to English powerhouse Chelsea FC and the "Final Whistle on Hate" charity match at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday, May 15. That match begins at 8:00 p.m. ET and will be nationally televised on FS1, while also airing locally on the radio on 98.5 The Sports Hub.
Game 13 vs. San Jose Earthquakes
Date: Saturday, May 11, 2019
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. ET
Location: Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)
TV: NBC Sports Boston (streaming on NBCSportsBoston.com and on the NBC Sports app)
Talent: Brad Feldman (play-by-play), Paul Mariner (analyst), Naoko Funayama
Revolution Postgame Live begins immediately following the match.
Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub
Talent: Brad Feldman (play-by-play), Paul Mariner (analyst), Naoko Funayama (sideline)
Postgame Show: Matt McCarthy (host), Clyde Simms (analyst)
Portuguese Radio: 1260 AM "Nossa Radio USA"
Talent: Luis Lombardi Jr. (play-by-play)
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
Here are some relevant storylines ahead of Saturday's match against San Jose. Click HERE to view the complete Revolution Game Notes for Wednesday's match.
- New England improving on its 14-20-8 all-time record against San Jose, and 2-0-1 record at home against the Earthquakes since 2013.
- M Carles Gil (259) continuing to pace all of MLS in successful passes into the final third.
- F Juan Fernando Caicedo scoring a fourth goal in as many games, as the first-year Revs forward tallied twice against Kansas City on April 27 and once at Philadelphia on May 4.
- Rookie first-round SuperDraft picks DeJuan Jones (1st-389 minutes) and Tajon Buchanan (2nd-278 minutes) continuing to lead all MLS rookies in minutes played this season.
- D Andrew Farrell surpassing Steve Ralston (196) for fifth most regular season starts in club history.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 10, 2019
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Houston Dynamo - May 11, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts Los Angeles Football Club at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. San Jose Earthquakes - New England Revolution
- Impact Visits FC Cincinnati Saturday Afternoon - Montreal Impact
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- #DirkDayFCD & More 5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvRBNY - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Faces Rocky Mountain Rival Colorado Rapids Saturday in Denver - Real Salt Lake
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Aboubacar Keita Receives International Call-Up for FIFA Under-20 Men's World Cup - Columbus Crew SC
- Preview: Orlando City Begin Two-Game Road Stint at Atlanta - Orlando City SC
- LAFC Heads to Ohio to Face Columbus Crew SC on Saturday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Tonight's Match in Phoenix - Houston Dynamo
- Revolution Forward Justin Rennicks Named to United States Roster for FIFA U-20 World Cup - New England Revolution
- Minnesota United FC vs. Chicago Fire Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake GK David Ochoa Called to the U.S. for the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: New York Heads West to Face FC Dallas - New York Red Bulls
- BMO Soccer Celebration Summer Tour Schedule Unveiled - Montreal Impact
- Union's Mark McKenzie, Matt Real Called up by United States Under-20 National Team Ahead of 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup - Philadelphia Union
- Edwin Cerrillo, Paxton Pomykal, Brandon Servania Called into United States U-20 National Team for 2019 U-20 World Cup - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Advance to Eastern Conference Semifinal with 2-0 Win against Philadelphia Union
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Advance in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with 2-1 Win vs. Montreal Impact
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Montreal Impact Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Play-In Round
- New England Revolution COVID-19 Update