Detroit Recalls Renouf, Grand Rapids Signs Hillman
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday recalled defenseman Dan Renouf from the Grand Rapids Griffins. In addition, the Griffins signed blueliner Blake Hillman to a professional tryout.
Renouf has appeared in 11 games this season for Grand Rapids, totaling two assists, 15 penalty minutes and a plus-three rating. The Pickering, Ontario, native will head back to Detroit for the second time in his career, as he made his NHL debut with the Red Wings on March 27, 2017 at Carolina. The 27-year-old is a sixth-year pro and played in 18 NHL games a season ago with Colorado, logging three assists and 16 penalty minutes.
Hillman comes to Grand Rapids from the ECHL's Toledo Walleye. The defenseman has registered 13 points (2-11-13) in 11 games this season, which ranks third in the ECHL among blueliners. His 11 assists pace the league's defensemen while his plus-10 rating is tied for third. The Elk River, Minn., native has skated in 66 AHL games with Rockford, Grand Rapids and Stockton. During the 2019-20 season, Hillman suited up in five contests with the Griffins and totaled one assist and four penalty minutes.
Single-game tickets are on sale now. Fans can secure their full-season , select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 24, 2021
- Providence Bruins Score Late Goal to Force Overtime, Fall to Hershey Bears, 4-3 - Providence Bruins
- Amerks Take Down First-Place Comets - Rochester Americans
- Bears Win in Overtime Upon Video Review on Thanksgiving Eve - Hershey Bears
- Penguins' Late Rally Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Checkers - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Edged by Senators, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers Hold on for 4-3 Win over Penguins - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Suffer First Loss of Season, Lose 4-2 to Americans - Utica Comets
- Islanders Can't Slow Surging Springfield - Bridgeport Islanders
- T-Birds Feast on Islanders for 5th Straight Win - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Wolves Welcome Lodnia - Chicago Wolves
- Roadrunners and Fans Team for Toy Drive this Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Frost Recalled to Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Scott Wilson Aiming to Return to Highest Level, Helping Charlotte Along the Way - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Team up with Physicians Ambulance for Season of Giving - Cleveland Monsters
- Phantoms Power Play Presented by Provident Bank - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Fredrik Claesson to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Get Two from Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- Gov. Charlie Baker to Drop Puck at T-Birds Game Wednesday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Bell MTS Iceplex Recognizes Arena Naming Partners - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, November 24 at Utica - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Detroit Recalls Renouf, Grand Rapids Signs Hillman - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Islanders Face T-Birds on Thanksgiving Eve - Bridgeport Islanders
- Capitals Recall Malenstyn and Sgarbossa from Chocolate and White - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Preview: November 24, 2021 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.