D.C. United Fall to LAFC 4-0 at Audi Field
D.C. United (3-1-1, 10 points) v. LAFC (5-0-1, 16 points)
2019 MLS Regular Season
April 6, 2019 - Audi Field, Washington, DC.
Luciano Acosta made his 100th MLS Regular Season appearance for United; scoring 19 goals and recording 35 assists.
Quincy Amarikwa made his first appearance for D.C. United coming on as a substitute in the 73rd minute of the match.
Bill Hamid saved a penalty in the match for the the first since a 1-0 win against Vancouver on May 27, 2017
The Black-and-Red are 0-1-1 against LAFC all-time.
This was the first fixture between the two teams at Audi Field.
The Black-and-Red lost the first match of 2019.
United lost at Audi Field for the first time since the 2-0 loss against Philadelphia on Aug. 29, 2018.
D.C. United Lineup:
Bill Hamid, Leonardo Jara, Chris McCann (Ulises Segura 57'), Steven Birnbaum, Frédéric Brillant, Luciano Acosta (Quincy Amarikwa 73'), Paul Arriola, Russell Canouse (Chris Durkin 77'), Júnior Moreno, Lucas Rodríguez, Wayne Rooney (c)
Unused Substitutes: Chris Seitz, Zoltán Stieber, Donovan Pines, Jalen Robinson
Tyler Miller; Steven Beitashour, Jordan Harvey (Mohamed El-Munir 70'), Eddie Segura, Walker Zimmerman, Eduard Atuesta, Latif Blessing, Mark-Anthony Kaye, Diego Rossi, Carlos Vela (Adrien Pérez 79'), Adama Diomande (Christian Ramirez 28')
Unused Substitutes: Santiago Patiño, Kyle Smith, Kamal Miller, Adam Grinwis
Referee: Robert Sibiga
Assistant Referees: Kyle Atkins, Oscar Mitchell-Carvalho
Fourth Official: Marco Deoliveira
VAR: Geoff Gamble
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 6, 2019
- Lions Strike Late to Take 4-3 Win over Rapids - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Fall to San Jose Earthquakes on the Road - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Falls to Philadelphia Union 2-1 - FC Dallas
- Union tally third consecutive victory as club wins with dramatic late goal against FC Dallas - Philadelphia Union
- Quakes earn first victory under head coach Matias Almeyda - San Jose Earthquakes
- 2-1 Win over RBNY Sends MNUFC Home to Allianz Field - Minnesota United FC
- Revolution Fall to Columbus Crew SC, 1-0 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Comeback Falls Shorts, Lose to Minnesota, 2-1 - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire Battles Toronto FC to a 2-2 Draw at BMO Field - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Fall to LAFC 4-0 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- LAFC Remains Undefeated After 4-0 Win over D.C. United on Saturday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- FC Dallas Issues Statement on Pablo Aranguiz, Carlos Gruezo and Jesse Gonzalez - FC Dallas
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 0 - 0 Montreal Impact - New York City FC
- Reduced to Ten Men, Impact Plays to Scoreless Draw in New York - Montreal Impact
- New Ritual for Players' Arrival at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 0 - April 5, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC fall at home to Ibrahimovic, LA Galaxy - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- The Ligue de Football Professionnel Announce That the EA Ligue 1 Games Will be Played at Audi Field
- D.C. United Downed In Houston, 2-1
- D.C. United Draw Toronto FC 0-0 at BMO Field
- D.C. United Beat Sporting KC 1-0 at Audi Field
- D.C. United Beat Columbus Crew 3-1 at Audi Field