LAFC Remains Undefeated After 4-0 Win over D.C. United on Saturday Afternoon
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) routed Eastern Conference side D.C. United 4-0 on Saturday afternoon at Audi Field. With the win, LAFC remains atop the MLS standings with a 5-0-1 record (16 points).
Forward Carlos Vela scored early for the Black and Gold in the 15th minute before forward Diego Rossi would go on to score his first MLS hat trick, recording goals in the 27th, 38th and 76th minute. This was the seventh time in MLS history a Club has recorded hat tricks in back-to-back matches and the first time it's happened in consecutive road games. This is also the first time a Club has won back-to-back road games with a +9 goal differential.
LAFC returns home to take on expansion side F.C. Cincinnati next Saturday evening. Kickoff at Banc of California Stadium is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. PT (YouTube TV, KVMD, ESPNLA 710, KFWB 980).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 6, 2019
- Lions Strike Late to Take 4-3 Win over Rapids - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Fall to San Jose Earthquakes on the Road - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Falls to Philadelphia Union 2-1 - FC Dallas
- Union tally third consecutive victory as club wins with dramatic late goal against FC Dallas - Philadelphia Union
- Quakes earn first victory under head coach Matias Almeyda - San Jose Earthquakes
- 2-1 Win over RBNY Sends MNUFC Home to Allianz Field - Minnesota United FC
- Revolution Fall to Columbus Crew SC, 1-0 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Comeback Falls Shorts, Lose to Minnesota, 2-1 - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire Battles Toronto FC to a 2-2 Draw at BMO Field - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Fall to LAFC 4-0 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- LAFC Remains Undefeated After 4-0 Win over D.C. United on Saturday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- FC Dallas Issues Statement on Pablo Aranguiz, Carlos Gruezo and Jesse Gonzalez - FC Dallas
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 0 - 0 Montreal Impact - New York City FC
- Reduced to Ten Men, Impact Plays to Scoreless Draw in New York - Montreal Impact
- New Ritual for Players' Arrival at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 0 - April 5, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC fall at home to Ibrahimovic, LA Galaxy - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- Defender Danilo Silva Announces Retirement
- LAFC to Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Wednesday Night at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC and MLS Announce Remainder of 2020 Regular Season Schedule
- LAFC Announces Theme Nights for Remaining Home Matches in September
- LAFC Loses 2-0 to Seattle Sounders on the Road