New Ritual for Players' Arrival at Stade Saputo
MONTREAL - The famous North Star bell, belonging to the 1642MTL supporters' group, or more specifically its striker, will as of now be at the heart of a new pregame ritual, which will further connect the team's supporters with the players at Stade Saputo.
Approximately 90 minutes before every game, the club invites you to welcome the Impact players and coaching staff upon their arrival at Stade Saputo, in the North grandstand.
The players will get off their bus next to the BMO Pavilion, at the stadium's North East corner, going down the stairs and towards the locker room, walking behind the players' benches in front of the North stands, but not before acknowledging the bell's striker for it to be heard as many times as possible.
We therefore invite you to arrive at Stade Saputo early to take in this new ritual and encourage your players from close range before every game.
The North Star Bell, the iconic emblem of the 1642 Montréal supporters' group, installed in section 114, is now part of the club's identity, representing the city of 100 steeples.
A public figure invited by 1642 Montréal rings the bell after every IMFC goal scored at home since October 25, 2015. It echoes through Stade Saputo to celebrate the home team's victories, at times swung by an Impact player.
Supporters can purchase a 2019 Membership on impactmontreal.com or by calling 514-328-3668. The IMFC Membership allows you to notably save up to 50% on the price of individual tickets, take advantage of discounts at the club's boutique and at Stade Saputo's food concession stands, while having access to exclusive events. It is possible to pay for your Membership in monthly, interest-free payments. For more information, click here.
Partial Memberships of nine games (half-season) or six games (one game per month) are also available starting at just $25 per game, allowing you to save up to 25% on the price of individual tickets. Three-game packages will also be available as of this Saturday, at 9am. For more information on partial Memberships and packages, click here.
The Impact will play three games in eight days, starting with a trip to the Big Apple to face New York City FC this Saturday at 1pm (TVA Sports, 98.5, TSN 690). Montreal will then visit D.C. United at Audi Field on Tuesday, April 9 at 8pm (TVA Sports) before playing its home opener on Saturday, April 13 at 1pm at Stade Saputo against the Columbus Crew SC (TICKETS - TVA Sports, 98.5, TSN 690).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 6, 2019
- Lions Strike Late to Take 4-3 Win over Rapids - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Fall to San Jose Earthquakes on the Road - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Falls to Philadelphia Union 2-1 - FC Dallas
- Union tally third consecutive victory as club wins with dramatic late goal against FC Dallas - Philadelphia Union
- Quakes earn first victory under head coach Matias Almeyda - San Jose Earthquakes
- 2-1 Win over RBNY Sends MNUFC Home to Allianz Field - Minnesota United FC
- Revolution Fall to Columbus Crew SC, 1-0 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Comeback Falls Shorts, Lose to Minnesota, 2-1 - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire Battles Toronto FC to a 2-2 Draw at BMO Field - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Fall to LAFC 4-0 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- LAFC Remains Undefeated After 4-0 Win over D.C. United on Saturday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- FC Dallas Issues Statement on Pablo Aranguiz, Carlos Gruezo and Jesse Gonzalez - FC Dallas
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 0 - 0 Montreal Impact - New York City FC
- Reduced to Ten Men, Impact Plays to Scoreless Draw in New York - Montreal Impact
- New Ritual for Players' Arrival at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 0 - April 5, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC fall at home to Ibrahimovic, LA Galaxy - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Montreal Impact Academy Starts Playoffs on Monday
- Montreal Impact to Face York 9 FC in the Canadian Championship
- Micheal Azira Called up by Uganda for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in Saint-Lazare this Wednesday, June 12
- Defender Daniel Lovitz Called up by the United States