Cyclones Acquire Ryan Del Monte In Trade With Johnstown
CINCINNATI, Ohio - The Cincinnati Cyclones, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Montreal Canadiens and Nashville Predators, announced this afternoon they have completed a trade with the Johnstown Chiefs for forward Ryan Del Monte. In return, Cincinnati sends forward Bryan Marshall to Johnstown.
Del Monte, 26, is in his second professional season, having played 69 games of his rookie season with Johnstown. He scored 16 goals and added 32 assists for 48 points and was assessed 81 minutes in penalties. He added 14 multiple point games, to go with a +19 plus/minus rating there. In addition, Ryan played in five games with Lake Erie (AHL) and had two assists with the Colorado Avalanche's 'AAA' affiliate.
The six-foot, 190 pound native of Mississauga, ON, played collegiately at Brock University (CIS) and played in 91 games, scoring 45 goals and collecting 58 assists for 103 points and adding 185 penalty minutes. This season, Del Monte has played in nine games and had a goal and two assists for three points and 32 penalty minutes.
Marshall played in five games with the Cyclones, registering two goals and two assists for four points.
In other Cyclones news, goaltender Robert Mayer has been reassigned to the Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL) by the Montreal Canadiens (NHL). Mayer is the fifth Cyclones player to earn an AHL promotion this season.
The Cyclones travel to North Division leader Kalamazoo for games Friday and Saturday night. Face off both nights is at 7:30pm and the games will be carried on the team's website at www.cycloneshockey.com. The team is next at home for a pair of games next week when Trenton comes to U.S. Bank Arena (Tuesday, November 17 at 10:30am and Wednesday, November 18 at 7:30pm).
Tickets for the 2009-10 Cincinnati Cyclones season are now on sale. The Cyclones Sales Department can be reached at 513-421-PUCK, extension 3. The Cyclones have selected Friday night games carried on 1530 Homer - The Sports Animal and all contests aired on their website at www.cycloneshockey.com. The club returns to U.S. Bank Arena on Thursday, November 5 against Johnstown at 7:30pm.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 10, 2009
- Jackals Fall At Home In Thriller - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Tame Jackals 4-3 In Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Release Goaltender Beau Erickson - Reading Royals
- O'Marra 5th Thunder Alum To Reach NHL - Stockton Thunder
- Salmon Kings Assigned Goaltender Keetley By Abbotsford - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Salmon Kings Announce A Series In November To Remember - Victoria Salmon Kings
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Salmon Kings, Dave Wheaton GMC And The Times - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Lemieux Assigned To Wranglers; Skilled Forward Assigned By Grand Rapids - Las Vegas Wranglers
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Reign's Darling Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Chiefs Make Trade With Cyclones - Johnstown Chiefs
- Florida's Micflikier Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Cyclones Acquire Ryan Del Monte In Trade With Johnstown - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- Bakersfield Condors Vs. Stockton Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Idaho's Rome Suspended One Game - ECHL
- "Pow-Wow" Tonight, Jersey Auction Tomorrow - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Stingrays Face Elmira Tonight At 7:05 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers to Host Pink in the Rink on November 28th - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.