Chiefs Make Trade With Cyclones
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. - The Johnstown Chiefs announced today that they have traded center Ryan Del Monte to the Cincinnati Cyclones in exchange for forward Bryan Marshall.
"Bryan is an offensively gifted player who has produced at every level. We are confident that he will add some punch to our lineup," said Chiefs vice president and general manager Bill Bredin.
Hailing from Livonia, Michigan, Marshall comes to Johnstown after getting off to a strong start with Cincinnati. The second-year pro had four points (2G, 2A) in five games for the defending North Division champions. Marshall had a big night against Wheeling on October 31 with two goals, including the game winner, and one assist in the Cyclones' 6-3 win. His other assist came in Johnstown's 4-3 win against Cincinnati on November 5.
Listed at 6-0, 195 pounds, Marshall spent nearly all of the 2008-09 campaign in the American Hockey League with the Lake Erie Monsters. As a rookie, he notched 14 points (6G, 8A) in 50 games for the Chiefs' former AHL affiliate. He also played in one game for Johnstown against Cincinnati on December 8, 2008 and picked up two assists. A standout for four seasons at the University of Nebraska-Omaha, Marshall registered 150 points as a Maverick which ranks second all-time in school history.
Marshall is expected to be in the lineup when the Chiefs host Reading at 7:30 on Wednesday, November 11.
Del Monte, a second year pro, had three points (1G, 2A) through nine games with the Chiefs this season. In 2008-09, Del Monte represented the Chiefs at the ECHL All-Star Game in Reading and finished second on the team with 48 points (16G, 32A) in 69 games.
Mark your calendars! The Chiefs are back on home ice on Wednesday, November 11 against Reading at 7:35. The Chiefs will honor military veterans in a special pregame ceremony, and a special Veterans' Day price of $5 is being offered to all active military members as well as veterans. The Chiefs will also wear special camouflage jerseys that will be auctioned off live immediately following the game. Good seats are still available. For tickets, visit www.ticketmaster.com or the War Memorial Box Office, or to order by phone call 1-800-TICKETMASTER.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 10, 2009
- Jackals Fall At Home In Thriller - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Tame Jackals 4-3 In Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Release Goaltender Beau Erickson - Reading Royals
- O'Marra 5th Thunder Alum To Reach NHL - Stockton Thunder
- Salmon Kings Assigned Goaltender Keetley By Abbotsford - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Salmon Kings Announce A Series In November To Remember - Victoria Salmon Kings
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Salmon Kings, Dave Wheaton GMC And The Times - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Lemieux Assigned To Wranglers; Skilled Forward Assigned By Grand Rapids - Las Vegas Wranglers
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Reign's Darling Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Chiefs Make Trade With Cyclones - Johnstown Chiefs
- Florida's Micflikier Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Cyclones Acquire Ryan Del Monte In Trade With Johnstown - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- Bakersfield Condors Vs. Stockton Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Idaho's Rome Suspended One Game - ECHL
- "Pow-Wow" Tonight, Jersey Auction Tomorrow - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Stingrays Face Elmira Tonight At 7:05 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers to Host Pink in the Rink on November 28th - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.