Columbus Blue Jackets Trade Forward Alex Broadhurst to Winnipeg Jets in Exchange for Future Considerations
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters announced Monday that the team's NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets, traded forward Alex Broadhurst to the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for future considerations. A 6'0", 179 lb. left-shooting native of Orland Park, IL, Broadhurst, 25, posted 8-21-29 with ten penalty minutes and a -8 rating in 48 appearances for the Monsters this season. In the midst of his fourth campaign with Cleveland, Broadhurst ranks in the top-five in Monsters franchise history in appearances (226, 2nd), goals (48, T4th), assists (83, 3rd), points (131, T2nd), power-play goals (17, 4th) and game-winning goals (7, T5th).
Originally selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the seventh round (199th overall) of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, Broadhurst was acquired via trade by Columbus from Chicago on June 30, 2015 and made his NHL debut with the Blue Jackets in April, posting two penalty minutes in two appearances for Columbus.
In 330 AHL appearances for the Rockford IceHogs and Cleveland spanning six seasons from 2013-19, Broadhurst tallied 70-120-190 with 103 penalty minutes and -20 rating. During the 2016 AHL postseason, Broadhurst supplied 3-9-12 with six penalty minutes and a +1 rating in 17 appearances, helping the Monsters claim the Calder Cup as AHL Champions.
Prior to his professional career, Broadhurst contributed 24-40-64 with 36 penalty minutes and a +30 rating in 65 OHL appearances for the London Knights during the 2012-13 season, helping the Knights claim the OHL Championship. In two USHL seasons with the Green Bay Gamblers from 2010-12, Broadhurst notched 39-67-106 with 62 penalty minutes and a +47 rating, was named to the 2012 USHL First All-Star Team and helped Green Bay capture the 2012 Clark Cup as USHL Champions.
Columbus also announced Monday that defenseman Julius Bergman, acquired on Friday from the Ottawa Senators, was traded to the NHL's New York Rangers alongside 2019 fourth and seventh round selections in the NHL Entry Draft in exchange for defenseman Adam McQuaid.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Thursday home clash vs. the Laval Rocket with full coverage, live from The Q, underway at 7:00 pm on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Cleveland Monsters tickets for the hottest games of the year on sale now and start at only $10 per seat! Additionally, 2019-20 Monsters Hockey Club memberships, including the best seats for each game, the lowest ticket prices, exclusive year-round benefits and free gear are also on sale now. Visit https://www.clevelandmonsters.com/tickets/monsters-hockey-club or by calling the Monsters sales and service team at 216-420-0000. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 25, 2019
- Week 21 Report: Hogs' Point Streak Snapped at Four - Rockford IceHogs
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Pair, Assign Pair - San Diego Gulls
- Krushelnyski and Huntebrinker Loaned to Reading Royals - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 25 - Manitoba Moose
- Columbus Blue Jackets Trade Forward Alex Broadhurst to Winnipeg Jets in Exchange for Future Considerations - Cleveland Monsters
- Game #50 Preview: Tucson vs. Bakersfield - Tucson Roadrunners
- Jets Acquire Alex Broadhurst from the Columbus Blue Jackets - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Recall Right Wing Denis Gurianov - Texas Stars
- Senators Loan Ciampini to Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Senators Acquire Brannstrom from Las Vegas - Belleville Senators
- Blackhawks Reassign Delia to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Brannstrom Recalled by Vegas - Chicago Wolves
- Panthers Acquire F Jean-Sebastian Dea from Pittsburgh Penguins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Jets Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 25, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 21 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Agozzino, Greer Reassigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Florida Panthers Recall F Dryden Hunt from Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Blueshirts trade Adam McQuaid to Columbus - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sateri Assigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Weekly - Week of February 25 - Rochester Americans
- Flames Acquire Defenseman Oscar Fantenberg - Stockton Heat
- Paul Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Belleville Senators
- Coyotes Recall Dvorak from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Belleville's Nick Paul Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Panthers Acquire F Cliff Pu from Carolina Hurricanes - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Hurricanes Acquire Tomas Jurco - Charlotte Checkers
- Rangers Re-Sign Boo Nieves and Steven Fogarty - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Donovan Recalled by Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ottawa Reassigns Four to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Recall Samuel Morin from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- New Jersey Devils Sign Evan Cormier to Three-Year Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Sieloff Traded to Anaheim - Belleville Senators
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Patrick Sieloff from Ottawa in Exchange for Brian Gibbons - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Stumble in the Third, Fall 4-1 at Stockton - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Monsters Sign Forward Stefan Matteau to One-Year AHL Contract
- Columbus Blue Jackets, Cleveland Monsters Announce Multi-Year Extension of Affiliation Partnership
- Monsters Announce Date and Time Adjustments for the 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Center Marko Dano to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season