Chicago Fire and University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System Present Breast Cancer Awar
CHICAGO (October 20, 2014) - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club and University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (UI Health) have teamed up for the third consecutive year to host Breast Cancer Awareness Night on Friday, October 24 at Toyota Park. Ahead of the 7 p.m. CT kickoff against the Houston Dynamo, the Club will distribute UI Health-sponsored pink foam fingers to the first 5,000 fans at the gates. Other match elements will include pink patches on player jerseys, pink corner flags, goal nets and balls for in-game use, and pink merchandise for sale in the Fan Shop.
Pre-game and halftime will feature a special Chicago Fire version of UI Health's Pink Glove video, starring several Fire players dancing alongside UI Health staff members. The official full-length video was entered in the Pink Glove Dance Competition, an annual video contest to promote breast cancer awareness and prevention. UI Health's video earned fourth place in the Healthcare System category this year and seventh place overall with nearly 14,000 votes.
Friday's game will also honor a breast cancer survivor during its Hero of the Match tribute and feature a member of the UI Health team for the ceremonial first kick. Additionally, specialty pink alcoholic beverages and pink desserts will be available in the Stadium Club, Second Star Club, and suites.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 20, 2014
- Join Heart & Sole of Team Burgundy in the Fight Against Diabetes - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Travel to Take on Seattle Sounders FC - LA Galaxy
- Curtain Comes Down on Regular Season with Much to Play for - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Chicago Fire and University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System Present Breast Cancer Awar - Chicago Fire
- Marcelo Sarvas Nominated for AT&T Goal of the Week - LA Galaxy
- Red Bulls Update: Playoff-Bound New York Wraps up CCL Play, MLS Regular Season - New York Red Bulls
- Dallas Looks for Third Straight Win in Regular Season Finale this Saturday - FC Dallas
- Lee Nguyen Nominated for MLS Goal of the Week - New England Revolution
- New England Revolution Midfielder Lee Nguyen Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Chivas USA's Season Finale Kickoff Time Rescheduled - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Angerer, Sinclair Named to National Team Rosters for Upcoming Friendlies - Portland Timbers
- Chicago Fire Host Houston Dynamo in 2014 Season Finale - Chicago Fire
- Pogatetz Provides Crucial Cover for Crew in Win over New York - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Rue Second-Half Collapse against Seattle - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Announce 2014 Team Awards - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Rally for 2-2 Tie with LA Galaxy - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Surrender Two-Goal Lead to Draw 2-2 with Seattle - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: May 26, 2019
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Extends Home Unbeaten Streak to Six Games in 1-1 Draw Versus New York City FC
- Chicago Fire Midfielder/Defender Raheem Edwards Available for Selection
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club, Lansing Ignite FC Form Alliance
- Chicago Fire Midfielder PrzemysÅ?aw Frankowski Called up to Poland National Team