Join Heart & Sole of Team Burgundy in the Fight Against Diabetes
There are less than two weeks to go before the Colorado Rapids teams up with Rocky Mountain Health Plans to participate in the annual American Diabetes Association's Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes, on Saturday, November 1.
Led in support by Rapids President Tim Hinchey, who has family ties to the disease, and CNIC Health Solutions - a subsidiary of Rocky Mountain Health Plans - CEO Jim Swayze, the team has set goals of 150 team members and $10,000 in fundraising. Both Tim and Jim currently sit on the ADA board.
This is the Rapids' third year participating in the event. Last year, Heart & Sole of Team Burgundy had 103 members take part in the walk, raising more than $7,000 for the American Diabetes Association.
All members with Heart & Sole of Team Burgundy will be provided with a Rapids t-shirt at the event. In addition, we are offering some incentives to all participants on our team:
All runners/walkers that raise $250 will receive a Rapids training top
All runners/walkers that raise $500 will receive a Rapids World Cup anthem jacket
All runners/walkers that raise $1000 will receive a custom authentic Rapids jersey
The walk begins at the Denver Aquarium, and fans can register for Heart & Sole of Team Burgundy.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 20, 2014
- Join Heart & Sole of Team Burgundy in the Fight Against Diabetes - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Travel to Take on Seattle Sounders FC - LA Galaxy
- Curtain Comes Down on Regular Season with Much to Play for - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Chicago Fire and University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System Present Breast Cancer Awar - Chicago Fire
- Marcelo Sarvas Nominated for AT&T Goal of the Week - LA Galaxy
- Red Bulls Update: Playoff-Bound New York Wraps up CCL Play, MLS Regular Season - New York Red Bulls
- Dallas Looks for Third Straight Win in Regular Season Finale this Saturday - FC Dallas
- Lee Nguyen Nominated for MLS Goal of the Week - New England Revolution
- New England Revolution Midfielder Lee Nguyen Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Chivas USA's Season Finale Kickoff Time Rescheduled - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Angerer, Sinclair Named to National Team Rosters for Upcoming Friendlies - Portland Timbers
- Chicago Fire Host Houston Dynamo in 2014 Season Finale - Chicago Fire
- Pogatetz Provides Crucial Cover for Crew in Win over New York - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Rue Second-Half Collapse against Seattle - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Announce 2014 Team Awards - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Rally for 2-2 Tie with LA Galaxy - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Surrender Two-Goal Lead to Draw 2-2 with Seattle - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Cole Bassett, Sam Vines & Kellyn Acosta Called up to USMNT December Camp
- In 2020, the Colorado Rapids Took Steps Toward Future Success
- Minnesota United FC Oust Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: November 22, 2020
- Rapids Look to Carry Momentum from Winning Streak into Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs