LA Galaxy Travel to Take on Seattle Sounders FC
CARSON, Calif. (Monday, Oct. 20, 2014) - The LA Galaxy (17-6-10, 61 points) will take on Seattle Sounders FC (19-10-4, 61 points) at CenturyLink Field this Saturday, Oct. 25 at 11:30 a.m. PT live on NBC in the final match of the 2014 MLS Regular Season. The Galaxy need a victory in order to win the 2014 MLS Supporters' Shield, while the Sounders can clinch with a win or a draw.
Bruce Arena's side has lost just three times in the past 25 matches and has the least total amount of losses in MLS with six. The Galaxy have scored the most goals in MLS with 69 and have also allowed the fewest this year with 35, giving the club an MLS-best +34 goal differential. The team's 69 goals this year are the second-highest output during a single season in the club history.
The Galaxy will face Seattle for the third time this year, going 1-0-1 in the previous two matches. The Galaxy won the first matchup, 3-0 on the road at CenturyLink Field on July 28 and earned a draw in Sunday's 2-2 contest at StubHub Center.
The Galaxy will be without Omar Gonzalez for Saturday's game as the defender will be serving a red-card suspension. In games played without Gonzalez this season, the Galaxy have compiled a 5-2-4 record.
MLS MVP leader Robbie Keane is third in MLS with 19 goals and second with 14 assists. With just one more assist, Keane will become just the third player in MLS history to record 15+ goals and assists in a single year. Forward Landon Donovan continues to lead MLS in assists with 19, in addition to scoring 10 goals. With Keane, Donovan and fellow forward Gyasi Zardes all scoring double-digit goals this year, it marks just the second time in club history the Galaxy have accomplished such a feat. Since 1998, only two other clubs have had three goal scorers with 10 or more goals in a single-season.
Tickets to the Galaxy's First to Five 2014 MLS Playoffs are on sale now. For playoff tickets, call 877-3GALAXY (342-5299) or visit www.lagalaxy.com/tickets/playoffs. The Galaxy are set to play the second leg of the 2014 Western Conference Semifinal Sunday, Nov. 9 at StubHub Center.
Season Tickets for the 2015 MLS Season are on sale from now until Friday, Oct. 24. Becoming a Galaxy Season Ticket Member gives fans the opportunity to see every Galaxy home game as well as a number of additional benefits such as discounts on playoff tickets, access to the LA Galaxy Locker Room Rewards program, and extra savings on additional single and group tickets. For more information about becoming a Galaxy Season Ticket Member, please call 877-3GALAXY (342-5299) or visit www.lagalaxy.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 20, 2014
- Join Heart & Sole of Team Burgundy in the Fight Against Diabetes - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Travel to Take on Seattle Sounders FC - LA Galaxy
- Curtain Comes Down on Regular Season with Much to Play for - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Chicago Fire and University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System Present Breast Cancer Awar - Chicago Fire
- Marcelo Sarvas Nominated for AT&T Goal of the Week - LA Galaxy
- Red Bulls Update: Playoff-Bound New York Wraps up CCL Play, MLS Regular Season - New York Red Bulls
- Dallas Looks for Third Straight Win in Regular Season Finale this Saturday - FC Dallas
- Lee Nguyen Nominated for MLS Goal of the Week - New England Revolution
- New England Revolution Midfielder Lee Nguyen Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Chivas USA's Season Finale Kickoff Time Rescheduled - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Angerer, Sinclair Named to National Team Rosters for Upcoming Friendlies - Portland Timbers
- Chicago Fire Host Houston Dynamo in 2014 Season Finale - Chicago Fire
- Pogatetz Provides Crucial Cover for Crew in Win over New York - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Rue Second-Half Collapse against Seattle - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Announce 2014 Team Awards - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Rally for 2-2 Tie with LA Galaxy - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Surrender Two-Goal Lead to Draw 2-2 with Seattle - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 1, Toronto FC 2 - Saturday, February 15, 2020
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Local Broadcast Schedule on Spectrum SportsNet
- LA Galaxy and YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles Kick off Landmark New Partnership
- LA Galaxy to Host Watch Party at Tom's Watch Bar for February 29 Opening Match in Houston
- LA Galaxy Appoint Phil Hayward Director of Sports Medicine