Charge Acquire Hite from Energy in Predraft Trade
The Canton Charge have acquired guard Robert Hite (6'2", 194, Miami (FL)) from the Iowa Energy in exchange for a second round draft choice (27th overall) in the 2013 NBA D-League Draft. Canton previously acquired the pick from Maine last season in exchange for the rights to guard Josh Selby.
Hite played in 26 games with Iowa last season, averaging 8.6 points on .373 shooting with 2.7 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.2 steals in 21.8 minutes per game. He also had a stint with the Sioux Falls Skyforce in 2006-07, playing in 19 games and averaging 14.5 points on .469 shooting with 3.8 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.0 steal in 24.4 minutes per game. Hite brings NBA experience to the Charge, after playing in 12 games with the Miami Heat during the 2006-07 season and averaging 4.3 points, 1.3 rebounds and 0.7 assists in 11.3 minutes per game.
Hite's international experience has seen him play in Italy, France, Spain, Belgium, Turkey and Israel. He enjoyed a four year career at the University of Miami (FL) (2002-06) where he played in 121 career games and averaged 14.2 points on .442 shooting with 4.6 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 1.5 steals in 29.5 minutes per game. The Cincinnati, Ohio native was third-team All-ACC as a senior in 2005-06 and is ranked fifth on UM's career scoring list with 1,717 points, fourth in career steals with 187 and fourth in career three-point field goals with 228.
Canton now has seven selections in the 2013 NBA Development League Draft presented by Cisco, beginning tonight at 7:00 p.m. live via teleconference. The Charge will also host a draft party at the team's official practice and training facility, Edgewood Community Center, with special inside access to the team's draft operations exclusively for Charge Nation Members.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 1, 2013
- Austin Toros Select Kyle Hunt NBA D-League Draft - Austin Spurs
- Skyforce Selects Six Players in 2013 NBA Development League Draft - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Armor Select 7 Players in 2013 NBA D-League Draft - Springfield Armor
- 66ers Select Grant Jerrett, Seven Other Draft Picks - Tulsa 66ers
- Stampede Draft Pierre Jackson in First Round - Idaho Stampede
- Tulsa 66ers Select Grant Jerrett with First Pick of 2013 NBA - G League
- Canton Charge Select Five Players in 2013 NBA Development League - Canton Charge
- Vipers Select Johnson and Hunt in First Round of NBA Development - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Armor Acquire Future Draft Picks from Delaware - Springfield Armor
- Iowa Energy Announce 2013 Training Camp Invitees - Iowa Wolves
- Charge Acquire Hite from Energy in Predraft Trade - Canton Charge
- Edinburg Announces Construction of a New Arena - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Acquires Draft Picks from Energy - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Energy Acquire Jarvis Varnado - Iowa Wolves
- Stampede Announce Training Camp Invitees - Idaho Stampede
- Enberg Enlightens Crowd at Jam Event - Bakersfield Jam
- Mad Ants Announce Returners and Training Camp Invitees - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Santa Cruz Warriors Add Seth Curry, Dewayne Dedmon & Joe Alexander - Santa Cruz Warriors
- 66ers Single Game Tickets on Sale Now - Tulsa 66ers
- Ron Howard Returns to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.