Santa Cruz Warriors Add Seth Curry, Dewayne Dedmon & Joe Alexander
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - The Santa Cruz Warriors have acquired Seth Curry, Dewayne Dedmon and Joe Alexander via the "affiliate rule," which states that up to three players who were released from Golden State Warriors training camp can be allocated directly to the franchise's D-League team. They are the first players to be named to the 2013-14 Santa Cruz Warriors training camp roster.
Curry, 23, appeared in six preseason contests with the Golden State Warriors and averaged 2.2 points and 1.0 assist in 7.2 minutes. He averaged a team-leading 17.5 points per game in his senior year at Duke University, where he finished second in the ACC in three-point percentage (.438) and three pointers made per game (2.7). The 6'2", 185-pound guard earned First-Team All-ACC honors and Second-Team All-America recognition from The Sporting News.
Dedmon, 24, appeared in five preseason games with the Golden State Warriors, averaging 3.4 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.0 block in 10.3 minutes. He played his last two collegiate seasons at University of Southern California, averaging 7.1 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.67 blocks in 51 games. The 7'0", 255-pound center finished the 2012-13 season ranked third in the Pac-12 in blocked shots (2.13).
Alexander, 26, did not appear in a preseason game due to a tibial stress reaction in his left leg. Selected eighth overall in the 2008 NBA Draft by the Milwaukee Bucks, Alexander averaged 4.2 points and 1.8 boards in 67 games played with Milwaukee and the Chicago Bulls over two seasons. The 6'8", 230-pound forward spent the 2010-11 season with the Texas Legends of the NBA D-League, where he averaged 19.1 points and 8.4 rebounds in 53 games played.
The Santa Cruz Warriors will add to their roster with nine selections in today's NBA D-League Draft, including the 15th overall pick. The NBA D-League Draft begins at 4:00 p.m. Pacific time.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 1, 2013
- Austin Toros Select Kyle Hunt NBA D-League Draft - Austin Spurs
- Skyforce Selects Six Players in 2013 NBA Development League Draft - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Armor Select 7 Players in 2013 NBA D-League Draft - Springfield Armor
- 66ers Select Grant Jerrett, Seven Other Draft Picks - Tulsa 66ers
- Stampede Draft Pierre Jackson in First Round - Idaho Stampede
- Tulsa 66ers Select Grant Jerrett with First Pick of 2013 NBA - G League
- Canton Charge Select Five Players in 2013 NBA Development League - Canton Charge
- Vipers Select Johnson and Hunt in First Round of NBA Development - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Armor Acquire Future Draft Picks from Delaware - Springfield Armor
- Iowa Energy Announce 2013 Training Camp Invitees - Iowa Wolves
- Charge Acquire Hite from Energy in Predraft Trade - Canton Charge
- Edinburg Announces Construction of a New Arena - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Acquires Draft Picks from Energy - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Energy Acquire Jarvis Varnado - Iowa Wolves
- Stampede Announce Training Camp Invitees - Idaho Stampede
- Enberg Enlightens Crowd at Jam Event - Bakersfield Jam
- Mad Ants Announce Returners and Training Camp Invitees - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Santa Cruz Warriors Add Seth Curry, Dewayne Dedmon & Joe Alexander - Santa Cruz Warriors
- 66ers Single Game Tickets on Sale Now - Tulsa 66ers
- Ron Howard Returns to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Continue Winning Streak with 115-112 Win over Northern Arizona Suns
- Warriors Complete First 4-0 Start in Team History, Beat Wolves 109-103 Tonight
- Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Warriors Rally Results in 103-97 Win over Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz County Schools Receive Almost $1 Million in Additional Funding with Assist from MBEP Scholars and the Santa Cruz Warriors