66ers Select Grant Jerrett, Seven Other Draft Picks
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa 66ers acquired eight players in the 2013 NBA Development League Draft on Friday, including No. 1 overall pick forward Grant Jerrett.
Jerrett (6-10, 220, Arizona) was originally drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers as the 40th overall pick of the 2013 NBA Draft. The Oklahoma City Thunder, Tulsa's NBA affiliate, acquired Jerrett's draft rights in exchange for cash considerations on the night of the NBA Draft.
Jerrett averaged 5.2 points, 3.6 rebounds and 17.8 minutes in 34 games as a freshman at Arizona. Following his senior year at Lutheran High School in La Verne, Calif., he was named the Gatorade California Player of the Year.
Additionally, the 66ers selected guard Chase Tapley with the 28th pick, guard Scoop Jardine with the 40th pick, center Maurice Sutton with the 45th pick, guard Nick Murphy with the 62nd pick, center Longar Longar with the 65th pick, guard Robert Crawford with the 79th pick and forward Chad Gillaspy with the 96th pick.
"I want to thank all of the guys on our staff who participated in the draft," said Rajakovic. "Our staff did an amazing job of putting everything together, gathering information and watching film. The whole process was very rewarding for us. We'll have 17 guys attending our training camp and I believe we are well covered at all of our positions and will have healthy competition for all players."
Tapley (6-3, 195, San Diego State) averaged 11.4 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 134 games in a four year career as an Aztec. He was second in the Mountain West Conference in scoring during the 2011-12 season, averaging 15.8 points.
Jardine (6-2, 195, Syracuse) averaged 8.9 points, 2.4 rebounds, 4.9 assists and 1.4 steals during his senior year at Syracuse. He finished second in the Big East in assists per game during the 2010-11 season with 5.9 per game.
Sutton (6-11, 220, Villanova) averaged 3.2 points and 2.7 rebounds during his senior season at Nova while shooting .500 from the field.
Murphy (6-4, 215, Jacksonville State) played for the Iowa Energy during the past two seasons where he combined to average 8.5 points, 4.1 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.2 steals in 90 games (27 starts).
Longar (6-11, 230, Oklahoma) also brings NBA D-League experience to Tulsa, where he averaged 6.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in 28 games (eight starts) between 2008 and 2011. In his senior season at Oklahoma (2007-08), Longar scored 11.4 points per game and brought down 5.6 rebounds.
Crawford (6-5, 195, Central Arkansas) averaged 14.8 points, 4.1 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.0 steals last season at Central Arkansas. A native of the Tulsa area, Crawford is from Broken Arrow and attended Victory Christian High School.
Gillaspy (6-7, 225, Evangel) played for the Mississauga Power in the National Basketball League of Canada during the 2012-13 season, averaging 4.7 points and 3.3 rebounds in 24 games (five starts). Both he and Crawford were discovered by the 66ers during their open tryout in October.
The 66ers were slated to pick in the seventh and eighth rounds as well, but due to their roster already standing at the league's maximum of 17 players, they were forced to forfeit the final two picks.
Tulsa's training camp will open up next week in preparation for the 66ers' season opener against the Iowa Energy on Nov. 22 at the SpiritBank Event Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 1, 2013
- Austin Toros Select Kyle Hunt NBA D-League Draft - Austin Spurs
- Skyforce Selects Six Players in 2013 NBA Development League Draft - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Armor Select 7 Players in 2013 NBA D-League Draft - Springfield Armor
- 66ers Select Grant Jerrett, Seven Other Draft Picks - Tulsa 66ers
- Stampede Draft Pierre Jackson in First Round - Idaho Stampede
- Tulsa 66ers Select Grant Jerrett with First Pick of 2013 NBA - G League
- Canton Charge Select Five Players in 2013 NBA Development League - Canton Charge
- Vipers Select Johnson and Hunt in First Round of NBA Development - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Armor Acquire Future Draft Picks from Delaware - Springfield Armor
- Iowa Energy Announce 2013 Training Camp Invitees - Iowa Wolves
- Charge Acquire Hite from Energy in Predraft Trade - Canton Charge
- Edinburg Announces Construction of a New Arena - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Acquires Draft Picks from Energy - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Energy Acquire Jarvis Varnado - Iowa Wolves
- Stampede Announce Training Camp Invitees - Idaho Stampede
- Enberg Enlightens Crowd at Jam Event - Bakersfield Jam
- Mad Ants Announce Returners and Training Camp Invitees - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Santa Cruz Warriors Add Seth Curry, Dewayne Dedmon & Joe Alexander - Santa Cruz Warriors
- 66ers Single Game Tickets on Sale Now - Tulsa 66ers
- Ron Howard Returns to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.