CF Montréal Posts 2-1 Win over Chicago
CHICAGO, Illinois - CF Montréal won 1-0 against the Chicago Fire on a header from Mason Toye (87') on Saturday afternoon, at Soldier Field, in Chicago, Illinois.
Postgame comments from head coach Wilfried Nancy, Mason Toye and Rudy Camacho will be available here.
-Zorhan Bassong's first MLS start with CF Montréal
-Sunusi Ibrahim's first MLS start with CF Montréal
-Mason Toye's 10th MLS goal
-Zorhan Bassong's first MLS assist with CF Montréal
-Clément Diop's 10th win with CFMTL and second shutout of the season
MTL - Mason Toye (Zorhan Bassong) 87'
MTL - Rudy Camacho 17'
MTL - Victor Wanyama 62'
MTL - Gk- Clément Diop; D-Zorhan Bassong ( Mustafa Kizza 90'+5'), Joel Waterman, Rudy Camacho, Kiki Struna, Zachary Brault-Guillard; M-Victor Wanyama, Ahmed Hamdi ( Samuel Piette 60'), Djordje Mihailovic ( Joaquin Torres 89'); A-Bjorn Johnsen, Sunusi Ibrahim ( Mason Toye 60')
Subs not used: James Pantemis, Luis Binks, Clément Bayiha, Amar Sejdic, Mathieu Choinière
CHI - Gk- Bobby Shuttleworth; D-Boris Sekulic, Francisco Calvo, Miguel Navarro (Jonathan Bornstein 77'), Wyatt Omsberg; M-Luka Stojanovic, Alvaro Medran, Fabian Herbers, Gaston Gimenez, Brian Gutierrez (Ignacio Aliseda 59'); A-Robert Beric (Chinonso Offor 77')
Subs not used: Gabriel Slonina, Johan Kappelhof, Jhon Espinoza, Mauricio Pineda, Carlos Teran, Javier Casas
"We suffered too much lately not to take the three points today. We won this game without being good in the play and that's ok. But I'm happy for the players because they worked really hard. For Mason, his advantage is that he does a lot of individual work in front of the net in training. I'm not surprised at all today. He is good and feels good in this team so it's good for us. The fact that we work well, that the players believe in the project, doesn't surprise me with these results. I wish we would have been rewarded a little bit more though. Again, the first part of the season is interesting, knowing we could have done better."
"I practice, I work hard and I believe that every time I play I'm going to score. I knew I was going to get some playing time at some point, so I kept my focus and made sure that when I went on the pitch, I was going to give it my all. We didn't win a game in a while so for us to end with a win is massive. We know we can keep that going. We needed to find a way to win a game and that's what we did today."
"It wasn't a nice game, but we took the three points. It's different from games before where we played well without taking the points. It wasn't a good game on both sides but these are tough games and I'm happy to leave with the three points. It's good for the moral before the break. I'm proud of my team this season. We have a lot of fun together. We can do great things if we keep going with this state of mind."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 29, 2021
- Sporting Earns Thrilling 3-2 Win over Houston - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Falls to Colorado Rapids 3-0 at Dick's Sporting Goods Park - FC Dallas
- Dynamo Fall to Sporting Kansas City 3-2 - Houston Dynamo FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 1, San Jose Earthquakes 0 - Saturday, May 29, 2021 - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Stopped by LA Galaxy's 70th Minute Goal - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Acquires Jonathan Menéndez - Real Salt Lake
- Notes & Quotes: Los Angeles FC 1 - 2 New York City FC - New York City FC
- LAFC Suffers First Home Defeat of the Season, Falls 2-1 to New York City FC - Los Angeles FC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Austin FC - May 30, 2021 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Extends Unbeaten Streak to Seven Heading into International Break - Nashville SC
- Free Kick Dooms FC Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- Revolution Defeat FC Cincinnati, 1-0 - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew (2) - Toronto FC (1) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Atlanta United Draws 2-2 vs. Nashville SC - Atlanta United FC
- New York Defeats Orlando City SC, 2-1, at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- CF Montréal Posts 2-1 Win over Chicago - Club de Foot Montreal
- Lions Drop First Decision of 2021, Fall on Road to New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 1-0 to CF Montréal - Chicago Fire FC
- Earthquakes Face California Clasico Rival LA Galaxy Today - San Jose Earthquakes
- Tajon Buchanan Called in to Canada Men's National Team for 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - New England Revolution
- James Pantemis and Samuel Piette Selected by Canada - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club de Foot Montreal Stories
- CF Montréal Exercises Permanent Transfer Option for Joaquín Torres
- CF Montréal Draws Orlando City SC
- CF Montréal Takes on Orlando City SC Wednesday in Florida
- CF Montréal Exercises Permanent Transfer Option for Ahmed Hamdi
- Late Score Lifts CF Montréal to Draw with Philadelphia in the Rain