Bulls Defeated by Ontario, 5-2
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. - The San Francisco Bulls (17-22-1-5) mounted a comeback in the third period with goals from Dean Ouellet and Peter Sivak, but were defeated by the Ontario Riegn, (32-10-1-2) 5-2, Thursday night at the Cow Palace. C.J. Stretch scored twice to help the Reign earn a team record eighth win in a row. The Bulls remain in seventh place in the Western Conference
Ontario struck for two quick goals in the first period to take an early lead. Matthew Clune scored on a rebound off Bulls goalie Taylor Nelson for his first goal of the season at 7:34. Everett Sheen and Kyle Kraemer picked up the assists. Just 22 seconds later Stretch scored his 23rd goal of the season. Sheen and Kraemer assisted on the goal at 7:56.
The Reign struck for a shorthanded goal in the second period to extend the lead to 3-0 with 5:15 remaining in the period. Mario Lamoureux broke away and slid the puck past Nelson for his 19th goal of the season.
The Bulls got on the board in the third period to make the game interesting. D. Ouellet scored his team-leading 22nd goal of the season on the power play to make the score 3-1. Cody Carlson and Sebastien Trudeau assisted on the goal. Then Sivak scored his 21st goal of the season with 2:49 remaining in the game to bring the score to 3-2 with a beautiful wrist shot past Jean-Francois Berube. Ontario responded quickly a minute later to make the score 4-2 with 1:24 remaining in the game. Stretch scored his second goal of the game from Kraemer. Ontario added an empty-net goal from Karemer to give the Reign the 5-2 win.
San Francisco is back in action next Wednesday, February 6 for Wrangle a Date Wednesday at the Cow Palace! The Bulls host the Las Vegas Wranglers at 7:15 pm. Participate in a speed dating event and watch a dating game during the contest.
Bulletins: Dean Ouellet is on a three-game goal scoring streak (4 G)...Christian Carlson had his five-game point streak snapped...Cody Carlson is on a three-game assist streak (6 A)...The Bulls out-shot Ontario 30-29...Taylor Nelson made 24 saves...Alex Tuckerman dropped the gloves for the Bulls in the third period...The Bulls went 1-for-5 on the power play and a perfect 2-for-2 on the penalty kill.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 1, 2013
- Eagles Out-Shoot Condors, 54-17, in 3-1 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Titans Slip Past 'Blades in Overtime - Florida Everblades
- IceMen Sneak Past Cyclones in Shootout, 5-4 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Win Defensive Battle in Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- Alexandre Grenier Earns Three Points in Kalamazoo's 5-1 Victory over Fort Wayne - Kalamazoo Wings
- Gladiators Blanked by Stingrays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Zapolski Earns ECHL-Leading Fourth Shutout in 2-0 Win over Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Fall to Orlando 3-2 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals win third consecutive game - Elmira Jackals
- Solar Bears Edge out Greenville 3-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wranglers Add O'Neill in Net - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Titans GameDay at Florida, February 1 - Game 45 (Away 22) - Trenton Titans
- Condors vs. Colorado - Youth Jersey Giveaway Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Tranasctions - February 1 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Idaho Steelheads - Stockton Thunder
- Dustin Gazley Wins Plus Performer of the Month - Elmira Jackals
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Royals Sign Defenseman Anthony Pisano - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Greenville Road Warriors - February 1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Evansville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Edmonton Reassigns G Tyler Bunz to the Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Acquires Future Considerations from the Las Vegas Wranglers in Exchange for G Jody O'Neill - Stockton Thunder
- Elmira's Gazley is AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Nailers Acquire Defensmen Joe Tolles from Cincinnati - Wheeling Nailers
- Towns, Rollheiser Join Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Conacher Named the MeiGray Group ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Barton Loaned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Forward Alden Hirschfeld Returns to Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings at Fort Wayne Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Visit Gwinnett Gladiators Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jones Called up to AHL San Antonio, Lee Returns to AHL Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - February 1 - ECHL
- Reign Set Team Record in 5-2 Win over Bulls - Ontario Reign
- Bulls Defeated by Ontario, 5-2 - San Francisco Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.