Bulls Blanked in Loss to Knights
DURHAM, NC - The Durham Bulls couldn't cash in on runners in scoring position and suffered a 3-0 defeat to the Charlotte Knights Wednesday night at the DBAP. Odrisamer Despaigne (4-3) recorded the victory for the Knights, while Josh Fleming (0-2) suffered the loss for the Bulls.
The Knights were able to get on the board first, scoring two runs in the top of the second inning on a Ramon Torres RBI triple. After a scoreless third inning, the Knights added another run on a Danny Mendick solo home run over the Blue Monster in left field to take a 3-0 lead.
Bulls batters struggled to generate momentum for much of the game, but the pitching staff kept them in the game. Fleming allowed three earned runs and struck out six over 5.2 innings pitched, while the bullpen of Phoenix Sanders, Cole Sulser and Peter Fairbanks allowed one hit and no runs and struck out six.
The Bulls and Knights will meet for the final game of the four-game series on Thursday night at 7:05 at the DBAP. After the game, the Bulls will welcome the South Division-leading Gwinnett Stripers to the DBAP for a three-game series, beginning on Friday.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 21, 2019
- Tolman's Two Homers Lead Tribe to DH Split in Toledo - Indianapolis Indians
- Kay Dominates Red Wings in 7-4 Win - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Win Fourth Straight, Shut out Bulls 3-0 - Charlotte Knights
- Wilson, Home Runs Propel Gwinnett over Norfolk, 6-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Toledo Splits Doubleheader with Indianapolis - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bulls Blanked in Loss to Knights - Durham Bulls
- Mets Pitching Leads Team to Eighth Straight Win with 2-1 Victory over IronPigs - Syracuse Mets
- Bisons Defeat Wings 7-4 Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Breyvic Valera delivers the heroics for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre with game-winning homer - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Hart Deals into Eighth, RailRiders Win Late - Pawtucket Red Sox
- De Los Santos on point in 2-1 loss to Mets - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Colon Homers in 5-2 Loss - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Zeuch, Pearson Scheduled to Start for Herd in Final Home Weekend - Buffalo Bisons
- Family Campout at Frontier Field Is Saturday, August 31 - Rochester Red Wings
- RailRiders Announce 2020 Schedule - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Craig Rivet to Throw Ceremonial First Pitch Before Honda Fridaynightbash - Buffalo Bisons
- Bats to Host Peanut Allergy Awareness Day on Sunday, August 25 - Louisville Bats
- Food Week Continues Only Six Home Games Left - Rochester Red Wings
- Doubleheader Information: Indianapolis Indians (61-65) at Toledo Mud Hens (58-68) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (53-74) at Columbus Clippers (73-54) - Louisville Bats
- First Round Playoff Tickets Go on Sale Today at Noon - Charlotte Knights
- Pearson Spins Gem in Triple-A Debut, But Herd Falls to Rochester, 4-1 - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.