Booyah Win Streak Ends on Road
Fond du Lac, WI - The Green Bay Booyah couldn't find a way to bounce back from mistakes in the middle innings as they fell 11-7 on the road versus the Dock Spiders.
The Dock Spiders took an early 3-0 over the Booyah throughout the first three innings of play on Friday night. In the fourth inning, Blaise Maris started the frame by walking on four pitches. After Brady West reached on an error, Nick Kreutzer also drew a walk for Green Bay. With the bases full, Chase Hanson singled along the infield to give Green Bay their first run of the day. Mike Ferri also picked up a walk, scoring West from third and leaving the bases full for the Booyah. Following a Zach Chappell fly out, Ali LaPread dug in with one down and the bases loaded. On the first pitch he saw, LaPread ripped a double into the left-field gap and cleared the bases to put Green Bay up 5-3.
The Booyah struggled to put up runs from that point on, as Fond du Lac went on to score three runs in the bottom of the fifth and five runs in the seventh. At the plate for Green Bay, LaPread finished the day 1-1 with four RBIs and three walks. Ferri went 2-3 with two runs scored and one run driven in, and Cooper Morrison also picked up an RBI off of a walk.
On the mound, Garrett Martin was charged with the loss after giving up six hits and five earned runs. Out of the bullpen, Jacob Paulishak went 1.1 innings and allowed just one hit. Bobby Dorta gave up four runs on the rubber, three of which were earned. Chris Roycroft completed his first full inning on the mound this season, striking out two Dock Spider batters.
The Booyah try to grab a win tomorrow at Lakeshore against the Chinooks. First pitch is set for 6:35 p.m. and Melvin Frazier makes his first career start for the Booyah.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5 minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Ali LaPread of the Green Bay Booyah
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 20, 2019
- KZoo Unable to Get Offense Going in Loss at Kenosha - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Kingfish Top Growlers - Kenosha Kingfish
- Chinooks Top Green Bay - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Larks Heating up During Dog Days of Summer - Bismarck Larks
- Bombers Comeback Falls Just Short in Kokomo - Battle Creek Bombers
- St. Cloud Walks-Off against Duluth at the Rock Pile - St. Cloud Rox
- Four-Run Frames Lead Waterloo over La Crosse - Waterloo Bucks
- Booyah Lose in Fog Game - Green Bay Booyah
- Kohlhepp Throws A Game For The Ages - Thunder Bay Border Cats
- Stingers Fall to the Honkers in Extra Innings at Mayo Field - Willmar Stingers
- Dock Spiders Crawl over Mallards Offense to Grab the Victory - Madison Mallards
- St. Cloud Snaps Duluth's Win Streak in Extra Innings - Duluth Huskies
- Weather Moves Rafters Game to Sunday in Wausau - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Tickets Available for July 22 - Bismarck Larks
- Mallards Host Dock Spiders to Conclude Home Stand - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Split Season Series with Traverse City After Long Rain Delay - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rox Drop Thriller to Bismarck in Series Finale - St. Cloud Rox
- Dock Spiders End Their Losing Streak - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Bucks Fall 18-4 in Mankato - Waterloo Bucks
- Booyah Win Streak Ends on Road - Green Bay Booyah
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.