Mallards Host Dock Spiders to Conclude Home Stand
MADISON, Wis. - Last night the Madison Mallards (32-18) picked up their 18th loss of the season, after being defeated 12-7 by the Lakeshore Chinooks (22-28). Madison's consistent errors on defense helped the Chinooks maintain the lead to split the series.
Tonight, the Mallards will conclude their three-game home stand against the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders (20-30). The Dock Spiders and Mallards are squaring up for a two game series, their fifth set of the season. The overall meeting record between the two teams is 7-1, in favor of the Mallards.
On the mound tonight for the Mallards is RHP Lowell Schipper (Richmond). Schipper is making his ninth start of the season, his first since returning from the All-Star game. In his All-Star appearance, Schipper pitched two-thirds of an inning for the Great Lakes West division. Over his eight starts he has pitched 41 innings, earning 41 strikeouts and allowing only 20 walks. Schipper holds a 4-1 win record and a 1.97 ERA. Schipper currently leads the Mallards pitching staff in strikeouts. First pitch is set for 6:05 p.m.
The evening will serve as the Anniversary of Man on the Moon (or is it?) with Moon Maynard bobblehead presented by Zimbrick Honda. Gates will open at 5:05 p.m. Hear every pitch of the 2019 Mallards' season live on The Zone, 96.7 FM and 1670 AM.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 20, 2019
- KZoo Unable to Get Offense Going in Loss at Kenosha - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Kingfish Top Growlers - Kenosha Kingfish
- Chinooks Top Green Bay - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Larks Heating up During Dog Days of Summer - Bismarck Larks
- Bombers Comeback Falls Just Short in Kokomo - Battle Creek Bombers
- St. Cloud Walks-Off against Duluth at the Rock Pile - St. Cloud Rox
- Four-Run Frames Lead Waterloo over La Crosse - Waterloo Bucks
- Booyah Lose in Fog Game - Green Bay Booyah
- Kohlhepp Throws A Game For The Ages - Thunder Bay Border Cats
- Stingers Fall to the Honkers in Extra Innings at Mayo Field - Willmar Stingers
- Dock Spiders Crawl over Mallards Offense to Grab the Victory - Madison Mallards
- St. Cloud Snaps Duluth's Win Streak in Extra Innings - Duluth Huskies
- Weather Moves Rafters Game to Sunday in Wausau - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Tickets Available for July 22 - Bismarck Larks
- Mallards Host Dock Spiders to Conclude Home Stand - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Split Season Series with Traverse City After Long Rain Delay - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rox Drop Thriller to Bismarck in Series Finale - St. Cloud Rox
- Dock Spiders End Their Losing Streak - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Bucks Fall 18-4 in Mankato - Waterloo Bucks
- Booyah Win Streak Ends on Road - Green Bay Booyah
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.