Blues Assign Three Players to Springfield Thunderbirds
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today the team has assigned goaltender Colten Ellis, forward Dakota Joshua, and defenseman Scott Perunovich to its AHL affiliate, the Springfield Thunderbirds.
Ellis, 21, was originally a third-round draft pick by St. Louis in the 2019 NHL Draft. He posted a 23-1-0 record with seven shutouts last season with the QMJHL's Charlottetown Islanders.
Joshua, 25, is entering his third professional season. He scored his first NHL goal in his first game with St. Louis during the 2020-21 season. In 36 career AHL contests, he has recorded five goals and five assists.
Perunovich, 23, missed the 2020-21 season due to shoulder surgery and is entering his first professional season after winning two national championships and the Hobey Baker Award as a member of the University of Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs. He scored 105 points (20g+85a) over 115 NCAA contests.
The Thunderbirds make their return to the ice for the 2021-22 season at the MassMutual Center on Saturday, October 16 against the Hartford Wolf Pack. The Opening Night festivities will begin with a Pregame Block Party on Court Square from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. featuring a live music performance from Trailer Trash. The Thunderbirds' 5th anniversary season then gets underway inside the MassMutual Center at 7:05, and all fans in attendance will receive a commemorative rally towel and be treated to a special pregame, full team introduction. Tickets are available online and at the box office.
For more information on the Springfield Thunderbirds and to order tickets, please visit www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 9, 2021
- Eagles Storm Back for 4-3 Preseason Win over San Jose - Colorado Eagles
- Penguins Fall in Overtime of Preseason Finale - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- T-Birds Settle for Preseason Split vs. Providence - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Red Wings Assign Three to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Devante Stephens: Thankful to be Home - Abbotsford Canucks
- Ethan Keppen: Power Forward Ready to Make an Impact - Abbotsford Canucks
- Sonny Milano Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- San Jose Barracuda Announce 2021-22 Broadcast Schedule - San Jose Barracuda
- Sandstrom Assigned to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Blues Assign Three Players to Springfield Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Pittsburgh Assigs Chaput, Riikola to WBS - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Providence Bruins Announce Roster for Preseason Game against Springfield Thunderbirds on October 9 - Providence Bruins
- Minnesota Wild Reduces Training Camp Roster to 24 - Iowa Wild
- Belleville Senators Cleared for Full Capacity at CAA Arena, with Single Game Tickets on Sale October 12 - Belleville Senators
- Blue Jackets Assign Seven Players to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Iowa Storms Back to Top Rockford 4-3 in Overtime at Xtream Arena - Iowa Wild
- Thunderbirds Hang on for Preseason Win over Bruins - Springfield Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- Series Preview: Thunderbirds vs. Checkers
- Thunderbirds to Face Charlotte Checkers in Atlantic Division Finals
- T-Birds Sweep Penguins Behind Wild Comeback Win
- T-Birds Recognize Jim Syner as Team's "Person of the Year"
- Hofer's Historic Goalie Goal Puts Icing on Game 2 Win