Blue Coats Sweep Home Back-To-Back with Win over Erie
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (16-11), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, defeated the Erie BayHawks (9-19), 134-103, in front of a sellout crowd on Saturday night at 76ers Fieldhouse. In the second game of a home back-to-back for the Blue Coats, the team posted season-high totals for 3-point field goals (22) and rebounds (63). Delaware totaled 134 points for the second-consecutive contest and outscored its opponents by a combined 70 points in the pair of victories this weekend.
Xavier Munford led all scorers with 34 points (13-19 fg, 8-10 3fg), while tallying seven rebounds and four assists in 27 minutes for the Blue Coats. Eight 3-point field goals tied a G League career-high total for Munford.
76ers two-way contract player Marial Shayok posted 26 points (12-24 fg, 2-7 3fg), seven rebounds, five assists and season-high four steals in 33 minutes for the home team. Haywood Highsmith (15 points, 11 rebounds, three steals) and Christ Koumadje (12 points, 16 rebounds, two blocks) each added a double-double for the Blue Coats in the win.
The Blue Coats held a six point edge entering the fourth quarter, but they bested the BayHawks 40-15 in the final frame. Delaware held a 63-40 rebounding advantage, in addition to outscoring the visitors 58-38 in the paint. 63 rebounds is one shy of the Delaware franchise record, and the team improves to 7-0 this season when corralling 55 rebounds or more.
New Orleans Pelicans two-way contract player Josh Gray paced Erie's attack with 24 points (9-18 fg, 2-4 3fg, 2-3 ft), seven rebounds and three assists in 36 minutes of work. Jalen Adams came off the Erie bench to score 18 points (6-8 fg, 4-6 3fg, 1-1 ft) in addition to seven rebounds and three assists in 34 minutes. Scottie Lindsey added 15 points (6-13 fg, 2-7 3fg, 1-1 ft), six rebounds and two steals in 32 minutes for the BayHawks.
The Blue Coats hit the road to take on the Canton Charge on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. ET. The team then travels to Erie for a 7 p.m. tip-off on Saturday, Feb. 1 before returning home to 76ers Fieldhouse on Wednesday, Feb. 5 at 7 p.m. against the Windy City Bulls.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 25, 2020
- Seven Players in Double-Figures Helps Vipers Defeat Skyforce 127-115 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Hollins Sets Franchise Assists Record in Road Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Drops Home Game to Lakeland - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Coats Sweep Home Back-To-Back with Win over Erie - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs Come up Short to Memphis Hustle - Austin Spurs
- Bulls Struggle from Outside, Go Down to Drive, 107-83 - Windy City Bulls
- Hustle Bounce Back with Win over Austin Spurs - Memphis Hustle
- Charge Outduel Capital City in OT - Canton Charge
- Brazdeikis Puts up 29 Points in Knicks Loss to Maine - Westchester Knicks
- Legends Acquire Cameron Payne - Texas Legends
- Mad Ants Net 300th Regular Season Win in Franchise History in Record-Setting Fashion - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- South Bay Returns Home But Falls to Fort Wayne - South Bay Lakers
- Red Claws Hang on for 10th Win in 11 Games - Maine Red Claws
- Clips Bounce Back Late vs. NAZ - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Jalen Lecque Dunk Overshadows Late Suns' Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Udrih Joins Westchester Knicks Coaching Staff - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Fall to Herd, 116-106 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Balanced Scoring Attack Leads Herd Past Santa Cruz - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Delaware Blue Coats to Celebrate Beau Biden Foundation Night to Support the Protection of Children
- Blue Coats Dropped by Kings in Second Half
- Marial Shayok Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team
- Blue Coats Fall to Bulls in Conference Bout
- The Sold Firm, Blue Coats to Team up for "Art Madness"