Legends Acquire Cameron Payne
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends have acquired former NBA first round pick Cameron Payne off waivers.
Payne (6-3, 190, Murray State) was selected 14th overall in the 2015 NBA Draft by the Oklahoma City Thunder and has four years of NBA experience under his belt with the Thunder (15-16, 16-17), Chicago Bulls (16-17, 17-18, 18-19), and Cleveland Cavaliers (18-19). The guard played 57 games his rookie season with the Thunder averaging 5.0 points, 1.5 rebounds, and 1.9 assists in 12.2 minutes per game. Named Tennessee Mr. Basketball in high school, Payne played two seasons at Murray State averaging 18.5 points, 3.7 rebounds, 5.7 assists, and 1.8 steals in 69 career games. Payne earned Ohio Valley Conference honors in both seasons with the Racers including OVC Freshman of the Year, two-time All-OVC First Team, OVC Player of the Year, and the Lute Olson Award.
Payne has played in 10 games in the G League across three seasons on assignment with the Oklahoma City Blue and Windy City Bulls, averaging 20.2 points, 3.9 rebounds, 5.5 assists, and 1.8 steals.
Payne will join the Legends tomorrow as they host the College Park Skyhawks at 3pm at the Comerica Center. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 25, 2020
- Seven Players in Double-Figures Helps Vipers Defeat Skyforce 127-115 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Hollins Sets Franchise Assists Record in Road Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Drops Home Game to Lakeland - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Coats Sweep Home Back-To-Back with Win over Erie - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs Come up Short to Memphis Hustle - Austin Spurs
- Bulls Struggle from Outside, Go Down to Drive, 107-83 - Windy City Bulls
- Hustle Bounce Back with Win over Austin Spurs - Memphis Hustle
- Charge Outduel Capital City in OT - Canton Charge
- Brazdeikis Puts up 29 Points in Knicks Loss to Maine - Westchester Knicks
- Legends Acquire Cameron Payne - Texas Legends
- Mad Ants Net 300th Regular Season Win in Franchise History in Record-Setting Fashion - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- South Bay Returns Home But Falls to Fort Wayne - South Bay Lakers
- Red Claws Hang on for 10th Win in 11 Games - Maine Red Claws
- Clips Bounce Back Late vs. NAZ - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Jalen Lecque Dunk Overshadows Late Suns' Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Udrih Joins Westchester Knicks Coaching Staff - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Fall to Herd, 116-106 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Balanced Scoring Attack Leads Herd Past Santa Cruz - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- PRJKT VET Logo to Go on Legends' Court
- Legends Build "ConNEXTions" Youth Mentorship Program
- Texas Pro Sports Teams and Civic Organizations Unite with #TexasTeamUp Campaign to Encourage Voter Turnout in the Lone Star State
- Legends' Home Comerica Center to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Legends Host Voter Registration Event Sep. 22nd