Greensboro Drops Home Game to Lakeland
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, fell to the Lakeland Magic (Orlando Magic affiliate), 130-117, on Saturday at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. Lakeland (17-13) was the second of a road-home, back-to-back for the Swarm (6-23).
Both teams shot above 50 percent in the game, with Lakeland's 55 percent bettering the Swarm's 53 percent. It was disparity at the 3-point line that separated the Magic from the Swarm. Greensboro was 10-for-22 (46 percent) from deep but Lakeland shot 17-of-30 (57 percent) to secure the 13-point victory.
Caleb Martin for Greensboro and Jon Davis for Lakeland each had a game-high 30 points. Martin added eight rebounds, three assists, two steals and two blocks in 42 minutes of action. Davis finished with five assists and three rebounds in 29 minutes.
Including Martin, the Swarm starting five all scored in double figures. Joe Chealey had 20 points and nine assists; Jalen McDaniels added 19 points and eight rebounds; Kobi Simmons produced 14 points and six assists; and Thomas Welsh finished with 10 points and nine rebounds. Ray Spalding had a strong effort off the bench, scoring 17 points and pulling down nine rebounds along with five assists.
Lakeland had six players in double digits. Players joining Davis with 20-plus points was Josh Magette (25 points, 10 assists), Andrew Ramsey (21 points) and Michale Kyser (20 points, seven rebounds).
The Swarm return to action on Thursday, January 30, when hosting the Erie BayHawks (New Orleans Pelicans affiliate) at the Fieldhouse at 7:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 25, 2020
- Seven Players in Double-Figures Helps Vipers Defeat Skyforce 127-115 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Hollins Sets Franchise Assists Record in Road Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Drops Home Game to Lakeland - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Coats Sweep Home Back-To-Back with Win over Erie - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs Come up Short to Memphis Hustle - Austin Spurs
- Bulls Struggle from Outside, Go Down to Drive, 107-83 - Windy City Bulls
- Hustle Bounce Back with Win over Austin Spurs - Memphis Hustle
- Charge Outduel Capital City in OT - Canton Charge
- Brazdeikis Puts up 29 Points in Knicks Loss to Maine - Westchester Knicks
- Legends Acquire Cameron Payne - Texas Legends
- Mad Ants Net 300th Regular Season Win in Franchise History in Record-Setting Fashion - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- South Bay Returns Home But Falls to Fort Wayne - South Bay Lakers
- Red Claws Hang on for 10th Win in 11 Games - Maine Red Claws
- Clips Bounce Back Late vs. NAZ - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Jalen Lecque Dunk Overshadows Late Suns' Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Udrih Joins Westchester Knicks Coaching Staff - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Fall to Herd, 116-106 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Balanced Scoring Attack Leads Herd Past Santa Cruz - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Capital City Takes Round One over Greensboro
- Greensboro Acquires Trey Phills
- Hornets Sign Joe Chealey to 10-Day Contract
- Greensboro Swarm, Allegacy Federal Credit Union to Recognize Junior Achievement on Theme Jersey
- Bacon Serves Record-Breaking 50 Burger as Greensboro Topples Fort Wayne